Maritimes Development Thread

Right... I'll have a go later thanks. I was wondering if there was a point I needed to add, it seemed odd to have points for use, build, smoke etc. but not for where the food is spawned.

Discrepancy is right, needs create dummy. Put them under points just like you do with build and smoke.  Wherever you put the create_001 (etc, use as many as needed) that is where the resource will appear. 

A note on create points: A minor Banished bug. When you get them to drop created products on a road tile, that road is forever slowed to "normal" speed.

Well with a tonne of help from <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> I have finally managed to put a few things together into a mod! Anyone fancy having a look at what I have come up with so far? Would be good to have a couple of tests done on it as I have only run it in vanilla. It does seem to crash if you have multiple (5) production history windows open. Also, the smoke is not in the correct place on one of the huts in the picture. I did try to correct this, not sure if I managed it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2nh4i...VJlOE41Ums

Introducing Maritimes v100 - the initial test of my moding attempts. In this pack you will find a simple dock set composed of 1x1, 1x2, and 1x3 pieces with various F-variants. There is also a basic mussel harvester, again with F-variants and a (new to vanilla) resource = mussel. Production is slow... so that will need to be adjusted. 

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot1.jpg.254e1891df2a1280d14bf044b95b15de.jpg[/img]

My plans for expanding this are as follows... I will add a few more shellfish (clams, scallops, oysters, and seaweed, because why not) to this but still cannot decide if each building should produce all types at a steady pace resulting in around 800 units of mixed food a year, or if you have the ability to choose between five types so that each building produces about 800 of a single species. Any thoughts?

With resources, I want to make sure it works with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> etc. How do I go about making sure any mussels etc. I add do not make a new instance? Do I need to use the same resource files as <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, or is it simply a case of loading one above the other?

You will notice that the covered walkway has a different roof texture to the buildings. I recently found a good texture resource, and thought that this new roof was much more similar to that of the real life huts rather than the original one used. I am thinking about changing them all to the new texture (which needs to be made bigger on the coverings - still figuring out the texturing side of things in terms of scale yet efficiency).

I want to learn how to make ghost decorations. The buildings are a bit empty at the moment, but I really like decorating things so would like to leave them empty for you to place crates, barrels etc. I do want to add ghost decorations of fishing traps, nets, and general gear.

Then, I will carry on and do some larger fishing operations and move onshore to do some settlements, mainly industry at the moment.

If anyone is interested, the inspiration for these fishing huts came from Woods Island Provincial Park, Prince Edward Island, Canada and other small dock buildings dotted around the province.

Quote:
2 hours ago, Necora said:

If anyone is interested, the inspiration for these fishing huts came from Woods Island Provincial Park, Prince Edward Island, Canada and other small dock buildings dotted around the province.

>>> makes christmas list: wants the small windmill,lighthouse in the fog as a house,the ishing boats and the covered bridge.........[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> Thats great! The musscles wont make a new instance, they will just conflict with each other which is PERFECT (means its working)

Hey...... why dont you upload it to the community mods forge in the downloads section ? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Congratulations. I will use it when I start playing again (modding at the moment lol)

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> excellent. You've done a great job.

I look forward to playing it once I also have the time.

Necora, you might soon realize it is more addictive to mod Banished than it is to play!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> Alrighty I uploaded it to the forge.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> You are certainly right there. It is the modeling I especially like. The fine tuning and trouble shooting is extremely tedious, especially so early on when ideas/techniques are changing rapidly and mistakes are quite common. There is quite the learning curve with figuring out how all of the .rsc files link together.

Speaking of learning curves and .rsc files, I tried to add in more resources but for some reason it still only produces mussels? Unfortunately, the only examples of buildings that produce multiple items in the mod kit are from things that either need animals (pastures), wild resources (gatherer and hunter), or are part of a production chain (toolmaker, tailor etc.) so it is hard to figure out what I am missing.

Attached are my template files...

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=313">RawMaterialMussel.rsc</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=312">RawMaterialClam.rsc</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=314">RawMaterialOyster.rsc</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=315">RawMaterialScallop.rsc</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=316">RawMaterialSeaweed.rsc</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=317">PEIShore.rsc</a>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> there's a trick to getting multiple items, it's not really something banished allows ( <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> found a work around). 

I can't look it up at the moment but I will check later to see if I can provide example if someone else doesn't beat me to it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

If you want a regular products list, check the Tavern template. 

If you want what we call list cycle production (true multiple products), someone will have to show you the work around

Quote:
7 hours ago, Discrepancy said:

you might soon realize it is more addictive to mod Banished than it is to play!

Another one lost to the dark side  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846305bed8ed_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic770.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> I figured it out... or at least after a lot of trial and error I figured something out?!?

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="318" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot65.jpg.508ca5c3bc0381f96181cb415c7fee9e.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot65.thumb.jpg.35a7b20f4d29d06496121c1baf06f195.jpg[/img]</a>

Now there is a drop down menu where you can select between the five products, which is exactly what I wanted to begin with, so that each F-variant can produce a different species (or you can have a boat load of one if you like).

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="319" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot64.jpg.4f274f29c2fb0fa9893846e3581d656d.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2016_12/Screenshot64.thumb.jpg.2aa11b08845716c68c87fde1de3e2c2f.jpg[/img]</a>

And you can happily cycle through them and produce what you want. The only issues are a) there are only 4 lines in the production UI and b) they don't produce at a high enough rate.

I did try and change the number of lines, but couldn't get it to work.

I will change the production rates and update the Forge entry later.

...getting there...