Maritimes Development Thread

Hey <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> just dropping by to make mention again, the "new" look Banished has for me with your Pine set. I said over in the Natural Diversity thread that the environment is a lot more interesting to look at now with the various mods that alter the plant life. The Pines set has been a big part of that so that now there is a much greater diversity of plant life with the addition of various shrubs & trees and even the look of one tree with another of its type is different enough to make it worth zooming in to have a look.

The modders for Banished have been one of the greatest assets in keeping this game an interesting experience and encouraging players to play just that one extra hour deep into the night!

wb KEVIN. NECORA is away on RL work.as you play with this mod please send us more feedback.i have started a village blog at WOB under testing the north.i am trying to figure out some kinks for when NECORA comes back.be glad to hear feedback. thank you

Heya <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a>, yeah I have been absent for a little bit, I was basically waiting for the mods I use to be updated to Banished 107 and was playing other games while I waited. I am not up to date with what's been happening here so thanks for the info about Necora [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

What info are you missing <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> or have you caught up?  

If you need anything specific call out, or even PM, I've been offline the last week, and will be offline/online again for a few more days after this afternoon (pending outside situations), but have most of the info of the released mods if you need it.

Don't tell me we lost you to some nonsense Steam Summer Sale game?  Hubby has been trying to find me an alternative to play when I can't get my groove happening, I can't find anything.  

Kind of like the saying "I've got nothing to wear", same thing, "I've got nothing to play".  I know the exact game I want, and I know how it should be done (for me), but can't find one that matches up, so far only Banished, Wurm Online, Rome (something, I can't remember exactly) are the only ones that have tickled the spot.  I do play Sid's Civ games with my family though, which is hilarious, we can only play on school holidays because they take forever ...  hahaha [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Offline, it's card games (Munchkin & Exploding Kittens) and chess, we tried Monopoly & Trivial Pursuit, but they end up in tantrums, oops.  LOL

I hope <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> is doing good Science [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Hiya <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a>, because I hadn't been on the site for some weeks, I wasn't aware that Necora had updated the Maritimes or even that he was away for a bit but I'm up to date now (and of course I "just" had to start a new city, so I've managed to clock up another 9 or so hours of Banished...)

I've been avoiding the Steam sale, there's games on my wishlist (like Subnautica) that are discounted but I just can't justify spending the money at the moment. I mentioned in another thread that I was playing Skyrim, Empyrion: Galactic Survival and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series of games and dabbling in The Crew while I was waiting for the Banished mods to be updated, so that's where I have been spending my game time [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I like a variety of game genres but I'm finding a lot of the newer games just don't do it for me. I have some relatively new games but I don't play them anywhere near as much as I do some of the older games (like Skyrim and like Banished, I have over 1000 hours on my PC version of Skyrim, I can't recall the number of hours I played it on the console but I suspect a few hundred would be correct). I'm not very fond of online games these days. I've played a few MMOs over the years and I found that I spent less and less time on each one compared to the previous one and nowdays I just don't see many that appeal to me (and I am thoroughly sick of fantasy MMOs).

I've always liked Sid's Civ games but the latest one (Beyond Earth) is just not that appealing, again, the older ones are better IMHO. Even Civ V wasn't particularly good but it's still more interesting than Beyond Earth. The latest ones have Sid's name attached to them but they don't have Sid's design sensibilities and they've strayed from the content that kept me playing the earlier versions.

this is my test report from the newest versions.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OVERALL REPORT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the maritimes pine mod and sherbrooke mods bring a lot to the game. the new trees and forests can be helpful to supply food and trade goods.none of the production yields seem to be over or under powering.the tailor produces "leather coats" which is the same as "hidecoats". i did not try to see if we have 2 different tags for those or if the pine mod does override the older tag.it would be nice to have an option of the mill to grind flour.even if it means adding it in red instead of white.

the biggest glitch seems to be the assigned workers leaving their workplaces to help the builders. this occurs even with plenty of laborers.though it affects the trapper and herbalist as well as others,it is very problematic to the maple gatherer and hunters.there is a significant food drop off when construction goes on.the more buildings the less food that year.at about 200 food each a few forests groups and it adds up quickly.clearing land before starting buildings wouyld help but not only slightly.the workers would still stop to bring building materials.

this glitch is a curious 1. if it can be figured out how it happened, it may be possable to recreate and use it. for 1 we could add this to the builders,so they clear and move materials themselves. this leaves the laborers to other projects.could the vendors bring the materials?? could the laborers be split into a few groups so we have could assign them to say clear logs or land,and another set to just clear and scavenge food. it could be an interesting glitch if it was diagnosed farther.maybe NECORA accidently cracked another part of the coding.

the other concern is how much would the flora patch affect.would it solve the issues of the orchard forests from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>? would it benefit the gatherers of both the mod and vanilla?

as to the improved or different gathering ability of the laborers,that is not helpful since you give back so much with the workers stopping work to help builders. i think we give back more food than we gain.if the patch doesn't solve this issue then we will need NECORA to fix it.this will require more tests and other player's feedback.

attempts with the flax and flora mod on but no flora mod do not help.the worker issue happens to other workers not just pine mod workers.

Where can I download the Pine Set v1.04.    The download section gives a 404 error for the file.    

There is an alternative download link at the bottom of the very first post:

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/files/file/166-maritimes-pine-set/&do=embed"></iframe>

or go straight there: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nh4ix...hEQkk/view