Places, Times and Settings

Being actually from Asia, I really wish there were more eastern themes to this game. I know Brondo already created some Japanese Houses and Facilities but they're not enough.

There is also the Camellia Crop Mod by Idle Work Team which in some of the screenshots shows what looks to be a Chinese themed building but many people have looked for it to no avail. [worldofbanished forum topic looking for the mod]

Not really a big fan of the Colonial theme. I do use the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> mods a lot since I also like the Medieval period. I really just wish the themes were more diverse like Ancient Egypt or Ancient Greece.

I grew up in New England, specifically Maine and then moved to Massachusetts for my college / adult life. I live in a small colonial style house now and have been obsessed with the architecture since I was in high school. As a young teen my family would vacation to Washington DC, Mount Vernon, and Williamsburg, VA where I grew to love the architecture even more. I like how the team at BL has created various types of buildings that allow players to cover mulitple stages of colonial architecture that lends itself from early settlement / frontier to an established larger capital. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

My cities are always a Hanseatic League or Amsterdam Netherlands in their Golden Age.  They're very dense, winding urban roads, and never pretty. . . . .  A year ago a chap posted that he wanted to create Spanish/Portuguese colonial buildings which are colorful, but I haven't seen anything done.

I'd kinda like <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> to keep all of the different iterations of buildings rather than dropping them out. . . .  I do love, very much, their upgrade levels of the Town Abode.  . . . . . I'd love Black Liquid to add a Paper-Printshop-Books-Library-Education supply chain. . . . .  I'd love it even more if Black Liquid put all of their energy into their proposed game, instead of 1.8 <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> (gasp!), so we can move on to something more sophisticated than Banished. I'm excited to see what they're up to.

I too am a Viking fan, just recently found the Viking barn which I didn't know I had! Also wouldn't mind playing a Wild West theme  with saloons, farmsteads, whisky stills etc