Some lesser known banished stuff

Sometimes on larger maps, villagers will wander to a part of the map that they should not be able to reach i.e. across a river where there is no bridge. Then they cannot come back and will die from exposure to the weather or from starvation. Again, like in the post above by Stiles, you need to build bridges to allow them to get back home and you need to build them quickly (and sometimes roads as well so they can get home fast enough to get food). They are often far across the other side of the map and the first indication you get is usually a notice that someone is suddenly homeless.

I don't know what causes this, a glitch of some kind or a bug in the programming associated with large maps or something else entirely. It isn't very common but it's happened three times to me on <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large maps and in one case it was twice on the same map.

DdR: it can also happen when building docks when the first one built is not connected to the shore, a builder can get stuck. This can also happen when the dock market is not correctly connected, and I have seen it when a road is added to the end of a bridge after it is finished and the square is not level. Leveling it to place the road will block the bridge. 

Messages In This Thread
Some lesser known banished stuff - by ShockPuppet - 12-28-2016, 03:46 AM
Some lesser known banished stuff - by stiles - 12-28-2016, 03:18 PM
Some lesser known banished stuff - by stiles - 12-28-2016, 03:19 PM
Some lesser known banished stuff - by KevinTheCynic - 12-28-2016, 06:20 PM
Some lesser known banished stuff - by Necora - 12-29-2016, 05:29 AM
Some lesser known banished stuff - by estherhb - 12-29-2016, 08:40 AM
Some lesser known banished stuff - by Goblin Girl - 01-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Some lesser known banished stuff - by stiles - 01-02-2017, 10:53 AM