BlackLiquid Forums
Some lesser known banished stuff - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Black Liquid (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Inn & Garden (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Some lesser known banished stuff (/showthread.php?tid=1060)

Some lesser known banished stuff - ShockPuppet - 12-28-2016

Couple of things that aren't common knowledge :

Every person consumes 100 units of food per year regardless of age.

Children don't take tools from storage until they reach working age. You'll notice they take coats and food though.

The game does an internal check every 3 months where it updates happiness and health for your people. A negative event such as no grave or switching job may not add to unhappiness at first, until this update occurs.

Building houses near mines is a bad idea, as mines and quarries reduce happiness.

Changing someone's profession, including making them a labourer when they used to have a job, will add to unhappiness.

Harvesting occurs according to seasons or when a crop/orchard reaches 100%

When an item, such as wheat, tools or anything, is dropped on a road tile, that tile will forever lose its speed boost. For this reason I leave a 1 tile space around my tight orchards.

Some lesser known banished stuff - Denis de la Rive - 12-28-2016

Banished villagers scatter goods across all storage structures, not only the nearest one.

Some lesser known banished stuff - stiles - 12-28-2016

banis will not finish building bridges if there is something on the other side of the creak that needs to be cleared. if they have to get over the creek or river it is handy to use a plank bridge.

Some lesser known banished stuff - stiles - 12-28-2016

following that point: with the NMT lighthouse,nomads will also get stuck far across the map. again may require bridges to reach the town.

DdR: Actually this will happen with all nomads, if they arrive and can't cross a river or stream to reach your town. They will eventually die from cold or starvation, so if you get a notice and can't find them in the boardinghouse, then you need to bridge the obstacle. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Some lesser known banished stuff - KevinTheCynic - 12-28-2016

Sometimes on larger maps, villagers will wander to a part of the map that they should not be able to reach i.e. across a river where there is no bridge. Then they cannot come back and will die from exposure to the weather or from starvation. Again, like in the post above by Stiles, you need to build bridges to allow them to get back home and you need to build them quickly (and sometimes roads as well so they can get home fast enough to get food). They are often far across the other side of the map and the first indication you get is usually a notice that someone is suddenly homeless.

I don't know what causes this, a glitch of some kind or a bug in the programming associated with large maps or something else entirely. It isn't very common but it's happened three times to me on <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large maps and in one case it was twice on the same map.

DdR: it can also happen when building docks when the first one built is not connected to the shore, a builder can get stuck. This can also happen when the dock market is not correctly connected, and I have seen it when a road is added to the end of a bridge after it is finished and the square is not level. Leveling it to place the road will block the bridge. 

Some lesser known banished stuff - Necora - 12-29-2016

Quote:
11 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

DdR: it can also happen when building docks when the first one built is not connected to the shore, a builder can get stuck. This can also happen when the dock market is not correctly connected, and I have seen it when a road is added to the end of a bridge after it is finished and the square is not level. Leveling it to place the road will block the bridge. 

When this happens in the middle of dock building, I use the 1x1 plop-able quay piece which is free to build and comes up instantly, so they can hop over and get home.

Also, I've noticed when I tried building a few mines in one map a while ago everyone who tried to build it ended up disappearing into the mountains. Some appeared somewhere else on the map, some just kept going off the screen. It has only happened once.

Some lesser known banished stuff - estherhb - 12-29-2016

Quote:
17 hours ago, stiles said:

following that point: with the NMT lighthouse,nomads will also get stuck far across the map.  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I think Red Ketchup (with help from Kralyerg) fixed this in his newest version a while ago. Had to do with them gathering at the wrong point. (I could be wrong on this - it's been a while)

Some lesser known banished stuff - Goblin Girl - 01-01-2017

Quote:
On 12/28/2016 at 5:46 AM, ShockPuppet said:

When an item, such as wheat, tools or anything, is dropped on a road tile, that tile will forever lose its speed boost.

I had no idea!  Well, this certainly changes how I lay out my towns.

Some lesser known banished stuff - stiles - 01-02-2017

depending on the mods you have the trees and bushes grow back super fast. if you place a "road" and there is a bush growing ,that bush will stay there also.you actually have to removew the road then the bush,etc.