Watching or Listening to anything right now?

Quote:
11 hours ago, elemental said:

Double J was well before my time. But I did hop on board after they'd gone to the other capitals but before they went regional. For that we can thank Keating. He loved the J's.

Yeah Double J was not a station that I had any connection to because they only broadcast in Sydney and I was on the other side of the country. I was living in Sydney in the mid-80s and by that time they had changed to 2JJJ and were morphing into Triple J, however they weren't any better than the other stations in my opinion and I didn't listen to them much (my personal fav Sydney station at the time was Triple M with the likes of Doug Mulray & Johnno Coleman as DJs).

By the time Triple J had began broadcasting nationwide I was living in Kalgoorlie and when you have two radio stations, one local and one the government owned national broadcaster, Triple J was something pretty damned new & amazing for most folks in a country town. Triple J wasn't anything new to me because I had lived in a a few other places by then (Melbourne, Canberra, Perth, Sydney) but for those people who'd only lived in Kalgoorlie or thereabouts it was a big deal.

Messages In This Thread
Watching or Listening to anything right now? - by KevinTheCynic - 12-12-2016, 02:48 AM