Ambient sounds

you can replace all of these

but to make new ones.....

if you do a new animal :

no problem the code to call an audio event is placed in the animations code file

but for a building, there is the problem :

buildings dont have an animations code file since it has no animations.

even the blacksmith, you remember when you are approaching the BS buildings.... Do you remember to hear a blacksmith working and hammering a metal piece on the anvil ??

bah the code to call the audio event is stored (not in BS building animations since it has none) but in the citizen animation code itself (called "anvil" same place as "saw" or "hammer"...)

Event _events [    { int _frameId = 595; AnimationEvent _event = "Audio/Tool/AnvilEffect.rsc:event"; } ]

Code:
            }
        {
            String _meshName = "Models\Citizen\CitizenMaleMesh.rsc"; String _sourceName = "Models\Citizen\Citizen.fbx";
            String _name = "AnvilWork";
            int _startFrame = 590;
            int _endFrame = 619;
            float _rate = 15.000000;
            bool _looping = true;
            bool _instanced = true;
            int _maxInstances = 4;
            Event _events [    { int _frameId = 595; AnimationEvent _event = "Audio/Tool/AnvilEffect.rsc:event"; } ]
        }

so ... how can we call an event of audio without having an animation code file ? i dont know.

A nice shot of thunder once or twice while raining would be nice, just once or twice, not to the point its annoying or anything. I always love a good thunderstorm.

We can attach custom "Ambience" sound loop to any building. The problem is, it starts to play as soon as the building begins construction, it takes a lot of size in the mod as need to be uncompressed wav.

My church bell test was making sound long before the church was built, it was weird.

It takes some doing but I can make the files smaller, thereby using less system resources by making the final product use a lower sound quality level. CD quality is 16bit/44.1khz but I can use lower settings.  Most would balk at that, but unlike video it is much easier to make up for with the modern tools available. It would be almost unnoticeable without a higher end sound system. 

So I will leave it up to you guys, do we want better performance... Or high end sounds?

so where and how you succeeded to attach the loop to the building ?

Quote:
5 hours ago, The Pilgrim said:

So I will leave it up to you guys, do we want better performance... Or high end sounds?

from memory the wav must be very specific settings, although it may be stereo or mono. i'll try to find...

Quote:
3 hours ago, Ketchup said:

so where and how you succeeded to attach the loop to the building ?

i used the same function that vanilla wood house and stone house use, i added a custom ambient to the rsc files instead of use existing 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a>. I was afraid it was going to be something like that. 

Quote:
2 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

i used the same function that vanilla wood house and stone house use, i added a custom ambient to the rsc files instead of use existing 

i was about to say something on how it doesnt tell me how you did but .....

you talked about woodhouse so i ve gone in reseource / woodhouse....

and i see something i never saw before [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" /> 

AmbientEmitterDescription ambientemitter

{

bool _addOnCreate = false;

SoundEffect _soundEffects 

[ 

"Audio/Effects/FireEffect.rsc" 

"Audio/Effects/CrowdEffect.rsc" 

]

}

so we can put that in every template ??

and you say ... it start to sound asap you start to build it and last for the eternity ?