BlackLiquid Forums
Ambient sounds - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Suggestions & Ideas (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Ambient sounds (/showthread.php?tid=995)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ambient sounds - Autom - 01-11-2017

Hey everyone ! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I just registered, sorry if my message is awkward in any way.

I read that what you have in mind for the next Colonial Charter version is to improve the atmostphere of the game, to bring some life.

I don't know why but the original ambient sounds are barely bearable to me, it's very repetitive, very heavy, sometimes noisy... I'd like more shades and diversity, to feel I'm really in the forests, the mountains, next to water, etc. Am I the only one to have this opinion ?

It would be great to improve that part of the game... Btw thanks again (a lot), your mods are amazing ! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Ambient sounds - The Pilgrim - 01-11-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a>. Is this something that's moddable?  If so I can look into it. The one thing I do know is audio. 

Ambient sounds - Necora - 01-11-2017

Yes it should be. The audio .rsc files are included in the resource of the mod kit, so I assume it would be a case of putting together a .wav file (that is what the vanilla ones refer to), giving it a .rsc, then finding something to trigger it, a building or event.]

The only thing I don't know how to do is find a place to trigger the sound. Not sure where that is coded in.

Attached is the blacksmith audio rsc.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="<___base_url___>/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=890" data-fileid="890">Blacksmith.rsc</a>

I shall get cooking on some new sounds then. To the studio!!!

Ambient sounds - Paeng - 01-11-2017

Quote:
4 hours ago, Autom said:

to feel I'm really in the forests, the mountains, next to water, etc.

Well, I'm not sure if that level of depth can be modded... it is possible to change certain sounds (e.g. the North mod has birdcalls), or general environment stuff (wind and such), but probably not to add completely new sounds...

Have you checked the game options? It has a sound menu where you can adjust music, UI, ambient and effect sound levels... and if you get into a noisy area, just zoom out a bit, that works as volume control as well... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Well I couldn't find where you link to the sounds in the mod kit. It might be as Paeng said, you might be able to change the ones available but not add new ones.

Download the mod kit and look in the audio folder in the resource bit and see what you think of it.

Ambient sounds - ShockPuppet - 01-11-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3372-the-pilgrim/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3372" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3372-the-pilgrim/">@the Pilgrim</a> it most certainly IS moddable and youll be doing everyone and everything a favour, i was just thinking about this yesterday.

What we would like are the following loopable ambient sounds:

In the forest (vanilla is: crickets/bugs)

At the river (Vanilla is: running water, frog ribbits)

Housing (vanilla is: general hub bub of people noise)

If youre feeling especially adventurous, i'd really like better rain sounds too....

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10402-autom/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="10402" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/10402-autom/">@Autom</a> welcome thanks for the suggestion [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a>. It's going to take me a little bit because of RL work and such, but I am thinking about a full scale overhaul on sounds. 

I already have a few in mind... new construction sounds, new blacksmith sounds, ECT. 

Is it possible to make a master list of the sound files?

Ambient sounds - ShockPuppet - 01-11-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3372-the-pilgrim/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3372" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3372-the-pilgrim/">@the Pilgrim</a> it is possible, we will have a look at it.

The vanilla sounds are not provided but theres probably references to them around the code. finding that will take time, but i believe ive listed most of them already

If you look in the audio part of the mod kit there is a .rsc for each sound 'set' which has about 4 or 5 variants within it. 

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=935">Audio.zip</a>