Natural Diversity

Actually <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> it doesn't have anything to do with the Rebellious Crop addin, that part of the code only spawns what is planted from the Vanilla seeds into the wild.

So, no, I don't think it is the reason, and if it were, I believe it's due to a load order or boost from another mod, which <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> and I are now working on.

For now, it's more a 'running' joke about those "damned Blueberries", no one else has them, it seems that poor 'ole (youngen) Kevin over there (points haphazardly West) seems to have an invasion. I asked Kevin for the screenshots, not as a running summary for reading, but for looking, just to have some sort of 'tour', not sure his "<strong style="color:#666666;">Valiant Wilding Pumpkins Prepare to Defend Poyens from the Blueberry Invaders!" </strong> needed an explanation [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  

I'll let Kevin speak for himself, but I did ask the questions, which he answered marvellously ... *puppetry out

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> thank you for those screenshots, I love the Poyens story [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

In a few days I hope to be able to leave some comments on your screenshots, but for now, please know, I have seen them, I love your village, I love that battle that you are winning via your pumpkins, I thank you for your sharing and your valiant pumpkins service! Salute! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18037-banishedused/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="18037" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18037-banishedused/">@banished&Used</a> I had the same zoom imagery with the grass as well, at one stage it disappeared, then came back.

I put it down to my system and my game settings, that it just simply wasn't 'dense' enough for the game to show me the grass on screen.  

I will check my game settings, but for comparison sake - would you be able to post a screenshot of your game's video settings, please?  So we can see if it is a way that the game has been setup?

Menu/Options/Video

Otherwise, possibly something that <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> could answer - husband* took a look, he suggested that it could be a couple of things, which I will PM Bartender about, but because it may be something in our settings first, let's check them - whilst I PM Bartender. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

*husband is a software developer with 2 decades developing simulators, so he's not a Banished expert, but he does help where he can on 3DS & texturing answers [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:

More like a general thing, but there seems to be some medium zoom level, where the grass disappears.

I also have the disappearing grass when zoomed out.

Hiya everyone. In regards to my Poyens album, it was essentially created to allow QueryEveryone to take a peek at my town so I had no concerns for including stats or even the usual info bars available from the UI. It was to highlight the over-water buildings more than anything else although I did wander off into other areas for screenshots. I have every intention of adding tags and descriptions to the images but I am relying on good weather before attempting that - it's winter here in Australia and in my part of the country we are getting a lot of rain... which happens to collect in the underground telephone cable box at the bottom of my front yard... which happens to screw up the old cabling... which is due to be replaced in the next year or two... so rain = poor net connection. My first attempt to post the album was lost when my connection had a major slow down while I was trying to upload the album and download some software updates.

Anyway... ah I just love using "..." so in regards to the blueberry problem... (or overusing it as the case may be... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />)

In regards to the blueberry problem - it's a problem with MY setup and NOT a problem with NatDiv2 & Rebellious Crops. I can say this with confidence because a lot of other people are using NatDiv2 and are not having the problem that I am having. After viewing the feedback/bug report comments on both WoB and BlackLiquid, it seems I am the ONLY person with this problem. All the plants that I have observed spreading into the wlld as a result of Rebellious Crops have been plants that I had to place into a crop field or an orchard first. At the time of the blueberry invasion I didn't have blueberries as a crop seed.

None of the crop seeds I did have, spread into the wild in the early years. None of them have spread with anything approaching the rate that the blueberries spread and the blueberries started spawning in areas away from the settlement in the early years of the map so it would seem to me that they were running on some script that influences wild plant grow and not crop plants. Rebellious Crops doesn't influence wild plant growth in that manner, it causes crop/orchard plants to spread beyond the field they are planted in. So for example, I do not have wilding pumpkins growing in other areas of the map, they are only growing in areas right next to the cropfield they were initially planted in. I have two cropfields with pumpkins and only one of them has wilding pumpkins growing.

The other thing to keep in mind is that I have not yet attempted to replicate the problem (because I am too devoted to Poyens to try another map) and so far nobody else has been able to replicate my blueberry problem. That all indicates that the problem is most likely unique to my mod setup. In scientific/technical methodology, you need to be able to replicate a certain result to be able to prove that it is indeed occurring. So far the evidence (circumstantial although some of it may be) indicates that my blueberry problem is a unique result. Unless other people can replicate the same problem with a different mod setup to mine, then there is no support for the theory that Rebellious Crops by itself is causing the problem that I am having.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/88-grammycat/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="88" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/88-grammycat/">@grammycat</a> can you please post your Video settings as well?  I have PMed <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> with some info (as I mentioned, I got it done, phew [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> ) but any other corroborating info with screenshots of settings would be helpful.  I'll post mine when I get my game running a bit later. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  I won't make y'all do all the hard work alone [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> 100% [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

For the curious, I've added a few more images to my Poyens album to highlight particular mods plus I've added an image of the map. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

As an afterthought, it's worth mentioning that if you have crop fields or orchards with no open land around them, you won't get any wilding plants from those fields/orchards. For example I have a crop field that is bordered by other fields and by a river and a stream and none of the plants from that particular field have been able to "cross the border" and take advantage of the Rebellious Crops mechanic and escape into the wild - because there is no open land for them to escape to!

Thank you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> I'm going to post this, then hide ... hahaha

I was wondering, if for a future edition, you had wondered about adding in flowers? 

I use <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a>'s mod "Garden Walls", simply for flowers, and I would love to see flowers flowering in start conditions - in amongst meadows.  

They wouldn't need to have to do anything, they could just be 'pretty', but, if they were to do something, they could go on to be many things:

Florists (in RK's mod); Rose Hip Tea (using an apothecary, teaming with Embx perhaps and adding a recipe there) for health; Posies (Health or trade); Dyes; Paints etc etc etc 

*scampers off before trouble catches me [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

[Image: 57872C1A9ECE3A5F4C62E3E8214E77715A27B1D8]

I have tried all 3 reflections settings but still disappears.