Natural Diversity

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> you mentioned that the gatherers from <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and from the Mini-Buildings mod will collect the wild apples from the Apple Forester. I don't have <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> so I had to make do with the Mini-Gatherers from the Mini-Buildings mod.

After running the map for two years, the Mini-Gatherers are still not collecting the wild apples so I'm thinking that there is something in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> that makes them collect these "wild" foods. Whether that's some mod included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> that I don't have or a mod that's in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and that I do have that's a different release version from the version I have, I couldn't say without doing some extensive comparisons (and with all the mods in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, that's a task I really don't want to do!) All I know for sure, is that there are some mods included in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> that I do not have and maybe there's something there that allows the gatherers to collect the "wild" foods or there's a mod that I have that is preventing them from collecting these resources?

thanks for checking KEVIN.that confirms what i saw.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> may well be a <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> thing, because not even Vanilla worked.  I don't have time to play with a few settings for a couple of days, but I think it's worth noting that currently, only <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> based gatherers are working, which at this point, makes sense.  

Apart from anything else, it's a known issue, and as mentioned before, it predates here (so I think we can safely farewell the topic and leave <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> alone in this regard [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> ), and we can move the conversation back to the original Orchard Tree Forester Posts, where <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> will pick up the comments [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/topic/979-orchard-tree-forester/&do=embed&comment=4816&embedComment=4816&embedDo=findComment"></iframe>

In fact, in that thread a player only had 1 gatherer who could work, but I found 2, so there is at least 3 that do work from <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> / <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

For <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> users:  What has worked for another player:  Place your Domesticated Animal Gatherer, then Upgrade it to a 'normal' Gatherer - then that gatherer should harvest the items from the forester.

Please report in the thread listed, not here, let's help Bartender & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> get back on track. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Note that the Gatherer's circle needs to encompass the area where you want fruit gathered - and make sure there's a barn to put it in.  Since I use Ridiculous Storage, a lean-to is usually all that I need.

Just a small update regarding Rebellious Crops. As we all know my settlement has been invaded by blueberries [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" /> However where I can keep the invaders out of an area, the other plants have a chance to grow. Specifically regarding Rebellious Crops, if they have a chance (i.e. some ground free of blueberries for the seeds to establish themselves), they can start to escape the confines of their fields and "grow in the wild". I've noticed this with a Plum orchard but I've also just found a cropfield of Squash that has sent out a few plants to grow in the wild. 

So yes, Rebellious Crops appears to be working as intended in NatDiv2 without any problems [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

In the image below, the woman walking on the mossy stone road has just harvested one plant from the Squash that was growing wild next to the Oats field. I had someone harvest just one of the plants to confirm it was Squash [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/59631dbea3a75_Poyens-NatDiv2-RebelliousSquash.jpg.974ec84d4ee8fba64f643948d4213ba5.jpg" data-fileid="2687">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/59631dbeeb669_Poyens-NatDiv2-RebelliousSquash.thumb.jpg.2ede7c1508189027081fe4e895257b48.jpg[/img]</a>

That's great [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />, thank you for all the testing Kevin!

Quote:
10 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

....So yes, Rebellious Crops appears to be working as intended in NatDiv2 without any problems...

We call plants that do this "wilding" plants

Quote:

a plant growing uncultivated in the wild either as a native or an escape; especially <span>:  a wild apple or crab apple</span>

We have rather a lot of them in New Zealand

http://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/pests-and-...-conifers/

I think the trees look nice  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

One of the reasons I agreed to including this effect is because it is indeed something that happens often in reality [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />. As the article describes, it's often very harmful. Our crops usually come from other places in the world, so if they start occupying space in the new area they might disrupt the balance in the native ecosystems.

Now the crops in Banished all die in winter, so you won't be having that problem [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />. The fruit trees on the other hand would be able to spread if you don't cut them, though it would take them quite some time.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> I wonder ...  how are players here going with feedback on play through now it's been out for over a week?  Has anyone got new feedback for you here?

ooooooo and screenshots, I'd love to see more screenshots of how others have been using <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a>'s new buildings [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Has anyone had any conflict issues?  Has anyone had any issues with loading?  Has anyone had any lag issues?  Has anyone had any issues with gamespeed?  Has anyone had any issues with mod conflicts?

I ask because I don't.  But, I run a high-end system so I'm not one who should be giving that feedback, sorry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />  And, I run on 10x speed and I always hit a slow spot at some point in my game where I always, always have to "pause" to move - so again, not the right person to ask.  But, I was curious if others had issues?

I'm not saying there are (I think your code is tight, I think with the correct mod order conflicts with current mods shouldn't be an issue, and if there is game lag - that's something which can be tweaked with via 'the numbers', but feedback is needed) any issues at all with this mod - I love it, I think it's a great 'start condition' map starter, and I use it on every map.  

I am also extremely happy to read you suffer from the dreaded 'typo' too [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> hahahaha :D

Like <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a>, I really enjoyed the old Pesky Produce mod and it was a small disappointment to have to remove it because it caused problems with newer mods. So I am very happy that <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> were able to make a new version for NatDiv. I'm enjoying looking around the crop fields to see what plants have escaped to the wilds! The only problem I seem to be having is the blueberry invaders but we know that is not a problem from NatDiv - blueberries have become a completely invasive crop, they have spread over almost the entire map (and I'm using the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large map) displacing any other plant life.

So in regards to seeing how some other aspects of NatDiv are working, I was able to watch some things in the early years of my town but it's not possible now except in the areas where I have established foresters. What this all means is that I can't provide a lot of feedback in regards to how NatDiv2 is working in regard to plants spawning in the wild now that several years have passed on my map and the blueberries have taken over. However the other aspects are working well, like the reaper and wild grains etc. etc. I do believe that it would be working fine in the areas of the map that I haven't used for my town... if not for all those damned blueberries! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

I'm at the stage with Banished now that I typically always pick the Medium start with a map that's either Large or <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large but I also include NatDiv2 in my mod order. I like the extra challenge from having to provide thatch for many of the buildings. The models despo20 provided are very, very nice and I am really happy that the collaboration between Bartender and despo has worked so well. Based on how happy I am with NatDiv2 I'm looking forward to any future projects from the two of you. I mentioned before about the reeds from NatDiv2 and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> not matching up with each other but I still think this is a very minor problem and I believe it's the only problem that exists now. It's certainly the only NatDiv problem that I have seen after running my town for a few decades.