Natural Diversity

Thank you all for the kind words and the thorough testing [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />! We will make a list of all the bugs and try to fix them if possible.

Quote:
19 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

How does it (if you know) work with the mods that were written to be compatible with the first version?  Necora's, Discrepancy's & Kid's patches? 

It will work, mostly [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />. It definitely shouldn't give any errors, the only thing that probably won't happen is the spawning of the branches in the forest.

Quote:
16 hours ago, Kristahfer said:

Worth waiting for! 

Got a question about using Starting Conditions other than the NatDiv conditions. Running with the NatDiv Easy condition the earlier mod "R
idiculous Storage" was not functioning. Wanted to see how running using one of Jungle easy conditions got a crash message. Just to check that I had followed the standard restart properly I restarted using my M. Jungle easy and received a crash message almost immediately.  Using the NatDiv1 version I had no issues, using NatDiv2 I am restricted to only using the NatDiv conditions or I crash.

Back to my new NatDiv easy start. 

I do have a complete ModList in load order with 132 mods, if you are interested. 

I'm afraid that a modlist of 132 is going to take us weeks to sift through trying all the combinations, so I kindly decline on that offer [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />.. It's most likely an interaction with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> that's causing the problem anyway, so we'll test that [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />.

The ridiculous storage will unfortunately not function with the default storage yard in the easy condition indeed, as I had to do some tricks with the code to be able to add the thatch. As you mentioned in a later post, rebuilding the storage yard will indeed solve this problem [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />.

Quote:
15 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

EDIT: I've built the Reaper's Shed, Reaper's Boat, Fish Trap & Thatcher from NatDiv along with Discrepancy's Cletic House (because it needs thatch to build) and the Hunting Blind from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> (because it requires reeds to build) and the only issue I have seen so far (and it isn't really a problem) is that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> buildings that require reeds like the Hunting Blind, will not use the reeds from NatDiv.

Hmm, this is not as it was intended! The reeds should be merged together as one material, I will look into that. Just out of curiosity; is it possible to use the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> reeds for the NatDiv buildings?

Quote:
14 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

Edit Part 2: I seem to remember that the Pesky Produce mod caused this same sort of crash when used with non-vanilla Starting Conditions after the game was updated to version 1.0.7 and if NatDiv2 incorporates the same sort of mechanics then this could be a significant bar to using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Starting Conditions with NatDiv2.

Hmm.. this would be a shame if it were the case.. It's well possible that the changes to the crops created this problem, as no other big changes that affect the starting conditions have been made between this NatDiv version and the last. We will test it to be sure.

Again, thank you all very much for testing this, you're being a great help to us [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />!

BT,i don't have reed using the vers 1 of NAT DIV. i would assume if he has reeds they are all from your mod.

KEVIN can you run a test of a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> apple  forest orchard with your setup of the pine mod since you have the patch?? i didn't load the flora patch since i don't use TANY"S flora mod. no gatherer would pick up apples from a apple orchard foreest.i would assume this knocks out all orchard forests.i am wondering if the patch will make any differences or if it does just impact the flora mod.

the only issue otherwise i have with the pine mod is the workers leave posts to clear and supply materials for building construction. a trapper leaves to clear the land and then the gatherer and herbalist bring materials.this slows down the collecting of food.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> I've had this NatDiv2 settlement running for nearly 10 years. I have added <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>'s Bundling Shed to the town about year 7 and watched it and the Thatcher for most of year 9.

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and NatDiv2 provide reeds but it appears that the reeds are flagged completely different to each other - the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Bundling Shed will not use NatDiv2 reeds and the NatDiv Thatcher will not use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> reeds.

I think it is because they are flagged as different resources - the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Reed Farm lists its resources under Miscellaneous however the NatDiv Reaper's Boat lists them under Construction.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> do you mean the Maritimes Maple Forest (because it includes apple trees)? And if yes, did you find that the Maritimes Forager's Cache workers were not picking up apples or was it gatherers from the vanilla or <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> added Gathering huts?

EDIT: Regarding apples - I built the Maritimes Maple Forester and the Forager's Cache at the end of year 10 and by the end of year 11 the Forager was collecting apples even though the Maple forest itself was not fully grown. I got 50 apples in this first batch. I've also seen that when the forester is clearing land they collect the flax from tany's Flora mod (I've also seen this happen with other foresters before I installed the NatDiv2 update).

EDIT No2: Image added to show the reed production buildings from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and NatDiv2 showing the different resource flags used.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/595462edc5af4_Poyens-NatDiv2reedsCCreeds.thumb.jpg.943dbca66f874671e8da6a909d73fd18.jpg[/img]

And in what maybe the first occurence of Rebellious Crops for this map, year 14 has seen the wildlands around my little settlement overgrown with blueberries.

EDIT: In the following images, you can see a small area using the Mini-Buildings from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> (Mini-Hunter, Mini-Gatherer, Mini-Forester & Mini-Hunter), to the north-east of the campsite you can see an area using the Maritimes Maple forest buildings (Maple Forester & Forager and Pine Hunter). The second image is a closeup of the Mini-Buildings campsite. The bushes that can be seen are blueberries and they have effectively stopped the forester from planting new trees! Note also that some resources from the Maritimes mod can be seen near the woman in the white skirt, mushrooms from NatDiv can be seen near the man in the red shirt and wild honey from tanypredator's mod can be seen at the top of the image (near the t-junction of the forest path)

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59545e87c9b1d_Poyens-NatDiv2mod-blueberryinvasion.jpg.da2341b72609ec557f5f835c514768b4.jpg" data-fileid="2627">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59545e8847ac1_Poyens-NatDiv2mod-blueberryinvasion.thumb.jpg.ef3f803a69676ca5fe39b29752f72dfa.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59546019a5e29_Poyens-NatDiv2mod-blueberryinvasioncloseup.jpg.d5365321c9f458ab9946a787e8225715.jpg" data-fileid="2628">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/5954601a23f84_Poyens-NatDiv2mod-blueberryinvasioncloseup.thumb.jpg.5eaa248e9b7eecae898ddd550f96996a.jpg[/img]</a>

no, i know the maple forester has apples. the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> forester has  orchard foresters under it. then apples.i tried those and no gatherer will harvest the apples. i actually have a found a few bugs in the pine mod.keep an eye on the gatherer and trapper when you decide to expand and build more.

looks like the blueberry is overpowering on the thatch mod. i have only ran a short test mainly wanted to see if the flora patch helped the pine mod.i actually so far think there are more issues now than without the patches.i did see the berries are very noticable now.my food gatyhering the 1st year did seem mproved with the new NAT DIV mod.so far i haven't collected much grass so it doesn't seem overpowered that way.

After the "Reaping"

Mini-Buildings campsite cleared of bluberries but note that the wildlands area to the west is still highly populated by blueberry bushes. Nearly 65,000 units of food in storage and 32,000 units of that is blueberries. Guess my Bannies won't be hungry for a while - as long as they like blueberries. I might have to build a brewery/tavern to make some ale/wine from all that fruit!

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/5954652d647b0_Poyens-NatDiv2-theblueberryreaping.jpg.be7890d42eba2999067ec6fd2e8d6152.jpg" data-fileid="2630">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/5954652dd7499_Poyens-NatDiv2-theblueberryreaping.thumb.jpg.41a7677647eb0241d50a1293beba95f5.jpg[/img]</a>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> at the moment I only have plums for the orchard crop and I haven't tried the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> orchard foresters (in fact I think I've only ever tried them once before so I didn't think about them for this map). I'm in the middle of loading my saved game so I'll try to get the orchard foresters up and running and see what happens.

EDIT: Some time later... I have an apple forester in place (which turned out to be very helpful because I've started to use up logs faster than I was collecting them!). I definitely have apples spawning as a random resource but I think the reason gatherers will not collect them is because they are listed as "wild food" which is separate to the vanilla "food" drop from forest areas.

I had thought it was labelled as "wild" because one of tanypredator's mods was causing that to happen but you aren't using any of tany's mods. I cannot remember for the life of me, what was said about these orchard foresters way back when <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Journey was originally released but I am wondering if this is something specific to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

In the image below there are a few "crates" of apples that have spawned in the Apple Forester's work radius. You can see that I have used the "Collect Wild Foods" action to get someone to collect a crate. The more I think on this the more I am convinced it was doing the same thing before I installed NatDiv2 so maybe it has something to do with Necora's mods and maybe it's from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, I really don't know for sure.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/5954aa5eaa419_Poyens-CCwildapples.thumb.jpg.be8450ac335264ec6779b78ee13a44f5.jpg[/img]

NatDiv2 and herbs growing in the wild

As an interesting observation, since upgrading from NatDiv to NatDiv2, I have found it quite difficult to collect herbs for medicine. There's a lot of changes to the plant spawns with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, Maritimes, New Flora and NatDiv mods and it seems I may have hit the break point. Fortunately <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> has the Dock set which includes a herb grower but even with two of them plus two herbalists, in a town of 105 working adults at year 25, I am barely able to stockpile 80 herbs. 

Previous to using NatDiv2 by year 20, I was easily collecting hundreds of herbs to the point where I could afford to use them at the trader and I often had a stockpile of 800-1200 herbs. It's entirely likely that the the blueberry plague has prevented the growth of herbs in the wilds. As it is I'm hoping for a trader to arrive that has seeds for the herb crop and that should help mitigate the problem somewhat... but now that I think about it, I will put in a special order for herb seeds instead, I have about 10,000 blueberries I can offer in trade [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

EDIT: After a few years of battling the invaders (blueberries), constantly clearing them out of the areas around the town and also the forestry plots, I have finally started to amass a decent stock of herbs. Autumn of year 28 and I have 635 units which is a big relief beacuse earlier I had been watching the average health of the citizens dropping to the point that every time I accepted nomands into the town (four times), a disease would break out.

On a serious note, is anyone else aside from myself and stiles having trouble with blueberry infestation since using NatDiv2? If so it may be something that needs to be tuned down a little?

Apples

I just ran a test over a number of years for the Apple Trees using the Forester Tree in the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>/<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> menu and it was fine for growth etc.  

The only gatherers that would work it though were the ones that came in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> (+ the Mini Gatherer from Kral's Mini Mod set download).  

The Vanilla, Discrepancy's & Kid's Gatherers would not work.  They would collect everything else available, but not the apples.  

In saying that though, 1 mini gatherer in each quadrant (dividing the forester radius) would harvest approx 1200 apples per season, so i wasn't too concerned with that, with only 4 workers.  

Kid's Tiny Gatherer (from <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, not his standalone Forest Deep mod) would gather apples and would collect 1300 per 1 worker per season and cover 1/2 the radius - so again, not a bad output [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I don't know where the bug is, from memory it well and truly pre-dates NatDiv, I think I recall needing to use <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> only gatherers previously, perhaps it is something in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, or something in one of my other start condition altering mods, I don't mind (at this point), as it's not game-breaking, I just need to adjust my game style.

Reeds

If it's deliberate that there is a difference between the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> & NatDiv reeds, then please disregard, otherwise - read on [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I know Necora had an issue with his eggs, it turns out it was just a name call that was different, 1 was 'egg' and the other 'eggs', and the map ended up with 2 'eggs' in game.  Which becomes a little frustrating when you end up with 4000 eggs, but none of the recipes work with them, and so to the reeds - but, that's not a problem, if we know that's what to expect.

I guess the question becomes - the reeds, are they supposed to merge/blend with the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> reeds, or are they supposed to be stand-alone?

Berries

I've had super berries on my last few maps, I chop down a bunch of trees but leave the plants alone, come back and the plants have run rampant, I figured it was the case here, I'm not bothered by this, so I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just regeneration of a resource [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thank you for a great mod, I love the feel of it, it has a great fluidity to it, and I look forward to seeing how it evolves further, I'll report back after a few more hours in it.

hank you QUERY. that is helpful info on the orchards. i was testing to see how many items could be found from the pine mod in different forests.i had tried the apple orchard before briefly but thought it worked with the gatherer.that was a while ago,before i upgraded the pine mod.i will try the mini gatherer and see if it will work now that i upgraded the pine mod.

KEVIN, i see problems with the herbs before the upgrade.like you i used to use the dock grower at game starts. been experimenting with different herbalists to figure out which is better than others lately.i've adjusted my mod order also. it has helped my duck hunters and water wells.the pine herbalist i did get it up to about 40 a year but it is not consistent.

i do wonder if the berries is "choking out" other items.  is the maple gatherer collecting roots and onions or mushrooms??mine was leaving them.while the forest is being planted that is a lot of food lost. we will have to start making a list of issues. NAT DIV-berry overpowering,lack of herbs,reed conflicts

pine mod i have a list .mainly problem with the workers leaving workplaces and helping builders when i try to add buildings. i added the flora patch without the flora mod last night and some workers seemed to stop working completely.