Natural Diversity

Oh my, this looks fabulous [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

How does it (if you know) work with the mods that were written to be compatible with the first version?  Necora's, Discrepancy's & Kid's patches?  

I will run a trial with backups, but was wondering if you knew straight off the bat?

I can't wait to see my little Rebellious crops pop up [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> I know you also used Pesky Produce, now this has Rebellious Crops built right into it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Worth waiting for! 

Got a question about using Starting Conditions other than the NatDiv conditions. Running with the NatDiv Easy condition the earlier mod "R
idiculous Storage" was not functioning. Wanted to see how running using one of Jungle easy conditions got a crash message. Just to check that I had followed the standard restart properly I restarted using my M. Jungle easy and received a crash message almost immediately.  Using the NatDiv1 version I had no issues, using NatDiv2 I am restricted to only using the NatDiv conditions or I crash.

Back to my new NatDiv easy start. 

I do have a complete ModList in load order with 132 mods, if you are interested. 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4786-kristahfer/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4786" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4786-kristahfer/">@Kristahfer</a> that's interesting info, a pain in the backside that it caused a crash though. I'm downloading NatDiv2 while I type this and then I'm going to use it for a new city so I'll see if I get the same situation using my normal starting preferences (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large map, Medium start). I and QueryEverything both had crashes when trying to use the earlier Pesky Produce mod with mods for the later versions of Banished, I'm wondering if this could be related?

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> it'll certainly be interesting to see those crops sprouting out in the wilds again, I just hope they don't become invasive like the pumpkins I had with Pesky Produce!

Okay, so I have just started a new settlement with NatDiv2 on a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Very Large map, Medium start conditions. I also have the following mods loaded before NatDiv2 and also in the load order that they are listed below: -

BlackLiquid's Ridiculous Storage (because I hate large storage yards, yeah yeah I'm justifying myself but i really, really HATE large storage yards!),

Kid's Vegetable Garden Start,

BlackLiquid's 1.0.7. Compatibility mod for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and MegaMod (even though I don't use <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, this has some influence on getting other mods to place nice with each other and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>),

Flax Patch & New Pine Flora patches by Necora/tanypredator, 

New Flora by tanypredator,

Pine Set for Maritimes by Necora.

I have just started the settlement and have begun placing homes for the citizens to build along with a fishing jetty (Fishing Spot) from Kid's Forest Outpost mod. So far there have been no crashes and no other bugs (as far as I am aware considering the map has only just been started).

I haven't tried other starting conditions yet, that will come next.

EDIT: I've built the Reaper's Shed, Reaper's Boat, Fish Trap & Thatcher from NatDiv along with Discrepancy's Cletic House (because it needs thatch to build) and the Hunting Blind from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> (because it requires reeds to build) and the only issue I have seen so far (and it isn't really a problem) is that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> buildings that require reeds like the Hunting Blind, will not use the reeds from NatDiv.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> I jumped the gun a bit with Ridiculous Storage. Upon deleting the original starting storage and creating new, Ridiculous Storage kicked in. Still using the NatDiv Easy condition.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4786-kristahfer/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4786" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4786-kristahfer/">@Kristahfer</a> I've just started a new map to try out the same start selections you used when you got the crash. I suspect that I have a lot of the same mods that you do so that's probably not a big factor (although load order is obviously a concern) but it could be useful for me to try exactly the same conditions that you used. Do you remember the Map Seed, Size, Terrain and Climate at all? I figure that you're using the Tropical climate.

NOTE: While I was typing this I was waiting for Banished to start a new map. I was using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Jungle Rivers terrain, Large map size, Tropical climate and the M. Jungle Easy start conditions and I got the dreaded Fatal Violation error. I vaguely recall a problem someone was having in the past with mods that altered the starting conditions particularly between <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and the other mod (which may have been the Maritimes Pine Set now that I think about it). I suspect that any Starting Conditions selection other than the vanilla Banished ones may cause this crash to occur - so that's next on my test list!

EDIT: Tried using another <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Starting Condition and got the Fatal Access Violation again. There appears to be no problem with NatDiv2 if used with the vanilla Banished conditions but I suspect that it's going to cause a crash with any Starting Condition that also changes plant spawning.

Edit Part 2: I seem to remember that the Pesky Produce mod caused this same sort of crash when used with non-vanilla Starting Conditions after the game was updated to version 1.0.7 and if NatDiv2 incorporates the same sort of mechanics then this could be a significant bar to using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Starting Conditions with NatDiv2.

I can confirm with the following load order below, that the mods work, as needed, on my system [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59537d35cfd15_Screenshot32-201706281929.jpg.73317cf77e22dcf225a9f98ae67b14e7.jpg" data-fileid="2625">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59537d3641efc_Screenshot32-201706281929.thumb.jpg.9276d018f562b5ab3ae8c003e664d5e9.jpg[/img]</a>

Yeeeeha! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Awesome work <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a>!! Now to actually build things, not just clear cut the valleys, lololol! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59537d3311bc6_Screenshot30-201706281928.jpg.4e43e4e6cc63c2d8fb616c498cd546b0.jpg" data-fileid="2624">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59537d337f381_Screenshot30-201706281928.thumb.jpg.fe5f1cf7dce3b4317c907af57df54749.jpg[/img]</a>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> did you start the game with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> starting conditions, with vanilla starting conditions (or with some other mods starting conditions)?

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> I used the NatDiv start settings, I didn't use the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.   The NatDiv replaces the Vanilla, which is what I normally use because that's the only start that allows the New Flora and the Maritimes Pine Starts as well.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> I also normally use the vanilla settings for Starting Condition because I like to use Kid's Vegetable Garden Start and it only works with the vanilla "Medium" condition. As much as I like the many & varied Starts that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> can provide, I particularly like starting with the restriction of the Vegetable Garden* as it adds another (although small) layer of difficulty to the beginning of the game.

* Vegetable Garden Start reduces the starting seeds to one crop seed instead of the normal two and in this case, obviously it's Vegetables!