Natural Diversity

Quote:
2 hours ago, Paeng said:

... and great team-up  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f7a8c46d_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic570.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Thank you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a>!

[Image: 053.jpg]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" /> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" /> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" /> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Very nice buildings. "Reaper's shed" sounds a bit scary. I love the model though. Those green bales look great.

I'm not sure I want to eat a salad made from grass bales though. Bit too healthy for my liking. Wild cereals sounds interesting though.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/Reaper.jpg.efb144c6c3bd39d45473e8a1bd5f80a7.jpg[/img]

Great work, love the team effort [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Not quite a 'lawn mower' (haha jk), but I really like the idea of the smaller footprinted 'Reaper'.  Being able to place it in an area where the grass naturally grows in the forests, and maintain it's minimal output is an excellent way of helping a forest stay balanced without too much micromanaging, *if* that's what has helped develop this idea.

I really like where the production chain is head to as well. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quick questions:  

-- Will the thatch still be used as a source of fuel, or will you be leaving that to the 'reeds' to be bundled in the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> fire bundler?  Or, make it so both will produce some sort of fire brick, having their own merged production chain, in a way? A singular building that will take both Level 2 outputs, and creating the Fire*brick/bundle/lighter for those that harvest the grass & reeds but don't necessarily use them in all future buildings?

-- I am interested to see if any of the Wild Cereals will be produced further, and if they too will be able to be used with other buildings and chains, such as the animal pens, fodder (RK), and the stables (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> etc) all which are already in existence.  

I don't mind if they're not, but, I do ask as I see parallels with something which may be suitable long term. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  I am happy for their own production chains [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

*throwing ideas carelessly around 

Back to now ...  looks great, and I do love the names [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
15 hours ago, stiles said:

how far do you want to take this? a mixed field of gass and corn threshed could give hay or fodder as RED labeled it. and we could feed livestock. a new barn and we feed cows to get milk and fertilizer.

How far we can! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

But first of all this mod speaks of natural diversity, so an eye of respect will always be aimed at enriching and improving the natural appearance of the game.

Quote:
6 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

I don't mind if they're not, but, I do ask as I see parallels with something which may be suitable long term

All the suggestions are well accepted! This is just the basic chain! When it's complete and perfectly functional, we will go to the next step: expand the chain! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Refining of fuel and processing of wild cereals will certainly be one of the first things [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Quote:
11 hours ago, elemental said:

"Reaper's shed" sounds a bit scary.

The reaper is scary! Don't make him angry! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

As always thank you all for your compliments! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/happy.png[/img]/emoticons/happy@2x.png 2x" title="^_^" width="20" />

@Bartender @despo20You are great, all ideas are fantastic. I can not wait for the new mod edition. I am interested in these berry bushes, will there be any varieties?The buildings are fantastic Question whether this mod will work without <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> I would like to put "The North"?Thank you @Bartender and @despo [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />You are 2 great.[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846305f36920_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic817.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f79df03d_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic569.png[/img]

Thanks everyone [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />!

Quote:
20 hours ago, stiles said:

interesting. i take it the yields will change some and the thatch is a bundle of grass ? no more burning plain grass. that is imporved. how far do you want to take this? a mixed field of gass and corn threshed could give hay or fodder as RED labeled it. and we could feed livestock. a new barn and we feed cows to get milk and fertilizer.

Yes, we will adapt the yields to create a healthy balance for the new chain. We have been thinking about a way to make this compatible with Red's fodder, but we haven't reached a conclusion yet.

Quote:
19 hours ago, Paeng said:

* though some may find a team of Thresher and Reaper and Maggi Thatcher rather... umm... frightening?  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

When I was doing research for the thatcher building, I once made the mistake of doing a google image search for 'Thatcher'. Didn't quite get the result I expected [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />.

Quote:
10 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

Quick questions:  

-- Will the thatch still be used as a source of fuel, or will you be leaving that to the 'reeds' to be bundled in the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> fire bundler?  Or, make it so both will produce some sort of fire brick, having their own merged production chain, in a way? A singular building that will take both Level 2 outputs, and creating the Fire*brick/bundle/lighter for those that harvest the grass & reeds but don't necessarily use them in all future buildings?

-- I am interested to see if any of the Wild Cereals will be produced further, and if they too will be able to be used with other buildings and chains, such as the animal pens, fodder (RK), and the stables (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> etc) all which are already in existence. 

The fuel seems to be a much appreciated option, so we'll definitely look into that [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />. We'll also dive a bit deeper into all the possibilities of 'hooking on' to existing chains in other mods. We do have many ideas ourselves though, so we might also decide to do everything our own way [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />.

Quote:
39 minutes ago, taniu said:

@Bartender @despo20You are great, all ideas are fantastic. I can not wait for the new mod edition. I am interested in these berry bushes, will there be any varieties?The buildings are fantastic Question whether this mod will work without <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> I would like to put "The North"?Thank you @Bartender and @despo [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />You are 2 great.[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/5846305f36920_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic817.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f79df03d_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic569.png[/img]

I haven't worked on the bushes recently, but my original intentention was to add more variants indeed. They will come in time I guess [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />. Just like the original version, v1.1 will be completely stand alone [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />. It won't require any other mods to use it. I'm not sure if it would be completely compatible with the North, we'll test that.

@Bartender @despo20 I have a proposal and also a question? Is it possible to make a small pond where fishes, frogs, snakes, snails, etc. are used to fish? There are beautiful plants but no animals, a little empty is the world "Banished" off the deer and ducks in the forest. Can you add something to the mods? "Natural diversity Light - this mod works in" the North "or" Natural Diversity "?Frogs and turtles are only in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and not every game with this mods. I very much like Mods <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> but would like such a pond was generic to the landscape in "Banished" It is now mod "Marritimes Riffle" is a fancier thing. I proposed creating a pond by @ RedKetchup but it is very busy with new mods. "<abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> v3 can do and add to" GardenWalls "but it can last up to half a year. I sent some photos to new insights? I think Sir @RedKetchup will not be angry that here on this site I write and ask for a small pond.

You are great and maybe, you will make mod small pond among flowers. Very please[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/_400.jpg.4ab417ec0a9fdcd7ac474ec8f96ee02f.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/8d1c87f46088649d000366177b54dc14.jpg.4f9c8eea82dabb39e270ebbadcd6756c.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/161_sta.jpg.bbfcd31cbed3871755f106bd8ced216a.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/371434-svetik.thumb.jpg.de23fcd77d799f908e82345b3d55e213.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/845762692-MOB.jpg.2f32ee5cbd58e32672734e142476f36d.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/BXK18428_jardim-japones-caldas-novas-7-800.thumb.jpg.2011c98bb6615c573fd3e478973da092.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/fishery_400.jpg.9084bc253620efa0efb35482b7ac95a3.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/Shintori_jardimjapones.jpg.442ddfd969b1064d0c84e01b40e28a71.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/Ta_0429-500x499.jpg.f408154f81feb0e952ec845a7a21fba3.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/59156b61c2603_ValleyoffivePonds.thumb.jpg.731837f7ee03d0545fb79e197b992066.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/AA015203.jpg.e0b95f3e99aad949f7d2edaace9f17b3.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/59156ba3ddeed_animals(1).jpg.e06f14e732d08fcfa820a15bfe62dab7.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/animals.jpg.da78033eeae4e54f937742a5c3e10219.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/logo.jpg.f7663a3e4685f507fe2d8f89f91ddd24.jpg[/img]

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4543" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/">@taniu</a>!

We are now working on the aquatic part of the mod, so your request arrives at the right time [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

A pond is a fascinating idea, it could find a place in mod. I mark it in the list of things to do [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

The relaxed frog is amazing! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

Quote:
On 5/10/2017 at 0:43 AM, Bartender said:

Thanks everyone [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />!

Yes, we will adapt the yields to create a healthy balance for the new chain. We have been thinking about a way to make this compatible with Red's fodder, but we haven't reached a conclusion yet.

When I was doing research for the thatcher building, I once made the mistake of doing a google image search for 'Thatcher'. Didn't quite get the result I expected [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />.

The fuel seems to be a much appreciated option, so we'll definitely look into that [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />. We'll also dive a bit deeper into all the possibilities of 'hooking on' to existing chains in other mods. We do have many ideas ourselves though, so we might also decide to do everything our own way [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />.

I haven't worked on the bushes recently, but my original intentention was to add more variants indeed. They will come in time I guess [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />. Just like the original version, v1.1 will be completely stand alone [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />. It won't require any other mods to use it. I'm not sure if it would be completely compatible with the North, we'll test that.

<div>
<div title="Found 9 errors in text">

</div>
</div>

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a>

"The fuel seems to be a much appreciated option, so we'll definitely look into that [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> . We'll also dive a bit deeper into all the possibilities of 'hooking on' to existing chains in other mods. We do have many ideas ourselves though, so we might also decide to do everything our own way [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> ."

Absolutely, of course you must do it in your style, and no need to hook on to everything, I completely agree with you on that one.

My concern came from more a  ....  Reeds x 2, (++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++  <---  message from my cat who sat here whilst I was AFK); Fuel x 2 perspective, that we would end up with duplicate resources, but could only be used with X or Y buildings, that they couldn't be globally used. 

I'm happy for a dozen workshops, buildings etc, from dozens of themed mods, but duplicates of existing items can be frustrating if you then have to spend valuable building resources to build building X, when you really needed Y.  

As an example of Cows, and Eggs many mods add different textures, and different sprites to the mods version of the item, so which ever mod is on top, that resource texture shows ingame, and the sprite in the UI, but under the covers, the item is still the same and can be used in any building that will accept them. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

I also am excited by adding new resources that the mods bring, and if there is diversity (Reeds & Reeds: ABC) or, widening the berry ideas etc ... I am not in anyway suggesting conformity to the other mods, but the ability to utilise common files. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  

I seem to have waddled around in a circle, and I assume you completely understand what I mean, and I know that you will bring awesomenss with the expansion of this mod, and I have no need to worry, and I'm not, just am hoping that you know I wasn't asking for 'conformity' either [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

Ok, I'm done ...  LOLOL

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4543" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/">@taniu</a> I think ponds would be an excellent addition to our planned decoration pack [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> Being a highschool teacher, I know from experience that it never hurts to explain something twice [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />. Or thrice for some students. And frice(?).. fourice(?).. four times for the extremely forgetful ones.

To get to the content of your post, I completely agree. Duplication of similar items is something we will avoid at all costs; it's unnecessary and only leads to a frustrating gameplay experience. The 'hooking on' to chains created by other modders that I was referring to, is a bit of a different case. What I meant is that it's sometimes difficult to make something compatible with a chain that was designed from a different philosophy.

For example, it would make sense for us to make a link with Red's fodder in his Garden Walls mod, as fodder is produced from grasses. The problem however, is that his chain works completely different from ours; the grasses in GW produce fodder directly, where ours produce grass bales which first need to be processed. Now to make the mods compatible, we could make a building that produces fodder from grass bales. However, this building would be completely useless if the player doesn't have GW active as well. It would also create two very different ways of producing fodder, making for an unintuitive gameplay experience and a chain that is difficult to balance. Another option would be to make one of our resources, for example the grass bales, directly useable as fodder in GW. That would create problems with inconsistent names however, and the balance of our resource would have to be adapted to the pre-existing one. In a case like this, I personally don't see any adequate solution to make the chains work together in an acceptable way.

I guess I've been rambling a bit as well here, but I always feel that these kind of things also help us to make sense of our own thoughs [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />