Natural Diversity

Quote:
10 hours ago, Bartender said:

Yes, I tried today and it worked! It's going to take quite some time to redo all my meshes I'm afraid, so I've put that on my list for a future update. It will enable me to add much more detail to their behaviour though, so I'm a happy man [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />. Thank you guys!

multi material at the end will give you more, more details for less megabytes. the more often , here and there, everywhere, you use the same little pieces of 128, 256, 512 pixels and more you save to compare using the big big 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 huge single materials. specially if you have alot of details, a 2048 isnt even enough to compete with the litlle 128-256p [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Gah ...  it can't just be me?  Right?

*sobs

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58f49d473e512_20170417NatDiverror.jpg.9274335fb73b5c5b32a1de0900fa01fc.jpg[/img]

nope it isn't. best i got was 95%. tried 2days.

I'm sorry that you guys are experiencing problems! I added alternative download links to the descriptions on the download pages, referring to google drive. Here is the one for the full version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ZePV...nRHbGtQQzA

I hope it works like that!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> That's true, I hadn't even thought of that. being able to reuse parts of textures is going to be a huge optimization!

Quote:
1 minute ago, Bartender said:

I'm sorry that you guys are experiencing problems! I added alternative download links to the descriptions on the download pages, referring to google drive. Here is the one for the full version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ZePV...nRHbGtQQzA

I hope it works like that!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> That's true, I hadn't even thought of that. being able to reuse parts of textures is going to be a huge optimization!

Thank you, and just like that, *clicks* I have it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Will hopefully get some game time tomorrow to load it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Thank you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

sometime the game is acting very strange about these .pngs and mono-multi textures....

i dunno whatis the problem and if/if not a % of png is counting for something or not.

let me explain myself with an example.

if you have a 256x256 texture. and the game is rendering right this little 256x256 as it is.

and then you make a 512x512 texture and you take this 256x256 as it is and put it in a corner of this 512. an exact copy/paste of it along with other things you need elsewhere, on ohter pieces of your house...

normally , we should think the rendering in game should be the exact same (since it is the same 256x256 melted inside a 512x512) ?? bah no, when i tested it, the quality wasnt the same [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" /> 

the texture became as not precise it was and was a bit "blurred" [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" /> i never understood !.

i never put the 256x256 inside the 512x512 and rescaled it back to 256! (which would have made the original 256 down to 128 !!). No, it was still a 256x256! but the quality in game was different

like it 256 of 256 = 100% and 256 of 512 =NOT 100% anymore lol

never understood ^^

hmm, that seems odd indeed! The good thing for me is that my plant meshes are so tiny ingame that resizing the textures doesn't make any noticeable difference, but I'll keep this in mind for any future work where it would!

That's weird [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

Thanks for the warning <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> your plants are so beautiful, that I wish, we can get a deco-version too. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634bc7192d_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic503.png[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> is import a .png-file the only one option or is ist possible to import a .dds-file too? I ask because in SIMS sometimes is it similar. In Photoshop the is the image clear ans sharp and after import as .png is it in game very blurry, without rescale or so what. And when I'm exporting and opening this file in graphic-program again, it is also blurry.  Just with .dds-import or -export I haven't this problem. So .png <span>isn't always the best choice. Sry for my bad english. </span>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/blush@2x.png 2x" title=":$" width="20" />

there is a lite version,ANNI. i have not tied it as my understanding was it would do away with the grass.i like the grass look but wish it wasn't harvested and fill piles.though it is a WIP and may be more needed as this mod is expanded.that is not a complaint.