Natural Diversity

Oh my, this looks so good... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wub.png[/img]/emoticons/wub@2x.png 2x" title=":x" width="20" />

I don't want to add to your burden, just maybe plant a little seed - it would be nice to break up the rocks and ore a bit more, so instead of the rather fat ugly grey blobs we get smaller rock fields, with nicer textures, shapes and colors... that's natural diversity, too - kinda  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/blush@2x.png 2x" title=":$" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a>, you did a magic! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />

Quote:
3 hours ago, Bartender said:

There's a great many other things that have priority over modding in general I'm afraid

Of corse! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Quote:
52 minutes ago, Paeng said:

it would be nice to break up the rocks and ore a bit more, so instead of the rather fat ugly grey blobs we get smaller rock fields, with nicer textures, shapes and colors...

I agree, it's a good idea

Thanks!

Reworking the vanilla rocks and ores is definitely on my list, I find that there is way too little variety (only 3 meshes for each), and the textures are a bit boring indeed. I've already played around a bit with some new models for them, but I'll probably first finish the plants before I really get on to that part of the project. It will definitely happen though [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />!

I'm looking forward to try your mod with <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>'s trees! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

This combination could completely revolutionize the look of the game! (the natural part of it, of course [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" /> )

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/" style="color:rgb(136,91,33);text-decoration:underline;background:rgb(241,205,128);padding:0px 5px;font-size:11.7px;font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;">@Bartender</a>, you did a magic! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />Can be field[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wub.png[/img]/emoticons/wub@2x.png 2x" title=":x" width="20" />

poppy field

Papaver rhoeas

group of plants: Annuals, Biennials           height: between 30 and 90 cm

decorative: flowers

Flowers: Single Flower color: white, red, orange, yellow

inflorescence: basket flower,Soil: low soil requirements,humidity: soil moderately moist,Position: Sun,use: home gardens, discounts subgroup of plants: a sunny position.

Characteristics of plants . Poppy field is an annual plant belonging to the family of poppy (Papaveraceae). 

It is quite expansive and sometimes it is treated as a weed. Under natural conditions, covered with meadows, fields and ruderal areas.

Poppy field grown especially in the gardens, converted to meadows, where it grows along with other wild flowers. You can also use it to create colorful floral discount. It is quite resistant to industrial pollution, so it can be successfully planted in urban gardens. To get the desired effect, it should be sown in larger groups. The plant attracts bees and other insects. 

The various species of poppy , eg .: opium poppy are used in herbal medicine and cosmetics. The cultivation of opium poppy , however, is governed by a special law!

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/58de9c673b2ac_Poppyfield.jpg.52e962798619734a479e7c5cafae6fd3.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/58de9fe4edbfe_poppyfielg1.jpg.7f9596f736c3fea14f5c16f0e6449433.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Poppy1.jpg.15320ef036f55dc7c62b0cf33adca842.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Poppy2.jpg.793b0f0a01e1e96a5bb04fc96170a87b.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/58dea199cec59_Poppy3.jpg.e3c4a960f40eaf2633116ccd1f0ae5f2.jpg[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> Then if we add your buildings we've got a full visual upgrade [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4543" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4543-taniu/">@taniu</a> thank you for the suggestion! I already have a red poppy (there's a pic somewhere on the last page), but some colour variations for these would be nice indeed!

Thanks Bartender, but I only created a couple of buildings [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

It's just a matter of time then [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />.

Meanwhile, I'm putting the finishing touches to some root meshes, which will probably be the last visuals I'll do before releasing a first version of the mod. The last big work that awaits me is to make a workplace for the thatcher, which will function like the forester, except that it will harvest and replant grasses instead of trees. This is a rather daunting task, as it will be my first attempt at designing a building. It might turn out ok, or it might fail horribly. I'm an optimistic person by nature, so I'm assuming it will be the first, and that I will be able to release in a week or so!

talk to <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> about the forester. I don't think the forester can harvest anything but wood, so I am not sure how he got around it with the fodder fields. My guess is an invisible tree model that spawns grass, which is collected by a separate gatherer. So you'll need two buildings/professions to do it.

RED's fodder is a forester but plants and harvests the fodder with 1 building. also the fodder can be planted as crops if you buy the seed.