Natural Diversity

Quote:
1 hour ago, stiles said:

'm not drinking with NECORA if he adds mushrooms to his cider. yukk

it is better than add a big ugly old toe LOL

Hmm, cider with mushrooms does sound rather disgusting. You guys raise good points that compatibility with other mods would also be something to take into account. The plot thickens!

Quote:
20 hours ago, stiles said:

sadly we have to manually tell them which foods to put in the pot

Yeah, personally I think that this whole foodmania has taken a wrong turn - my feeling, when I look at the bloated inventories (traders, townhall etc.) that can even slow down a computer. In the end it all boils down to fruit, vegetable, grain and protein...

I really hope that at some point all these kitchens and recipes and stuff become optional add-ons or companion mods... An occasional special item in a production chain is okay and useful, but I'm really tired of scrolling through congested menus with hundreds of food items to pick the few I can process further.

But that's just me. Again. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

It's most certainly not just you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a>! I personally feel that adding possibilities to the game is nice as long as it also adds to the actual gameplay value. There is most certainly an optimum for this, after which it just becomes a cluttered mess where you can't find your way through all the options. I guess this optimum is different for everyone, but for me personally most mods tend to overshoot on this. I simply prefer a concise and well balanced game over a bloated one that lacks focus. With my mod(s), I will try to find the right balance for this based on my own perception, which will probably be on the conservative side when it comes to adding options.

Quote:
24 minutes ago, Paeng said:

I really hope that at some point all these kitchens and recipes and stuff become optional add-ons or companion mods

Which kitchens and recipes are you talking about?

Quote:
59 minutes ago, elemental said:

Which kitchens and recipes are you talking about?

All these places where peeps can "cook" different "meals" and such... I don't mind kitchens and pubs per se, but I do mind that their ingredients bloat the things traders bring in - like x types of fruit, x types of berries, x types of vegetables, x types of grain, and so on, just look at the food trader's list in a well developed town... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I don't want to micro-manage recipes where I need [bananas+asparagus+oats] to make a "meal"... and in turn the traders trying to accomodate even the most exotic tastes with whole boatloads of stuff nobody really needs or can possibly process. That's why I'd prefer to have such things in addons... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

but it is still something alot of people are asking around all the time. often you see people trying to make 1 million meal based on what today the see when they go make their grocery ^^

just take the eggs. lately people suggested like 100 recipes to make everything with eggs. and their always talk like it is a must and even necessairy to do it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

Quote:
2 hours ago, Bartender said:

It's most certainly not just you

Thanks!

I hope you did not feel my comment was directed at the "Natural Diversity" project, far from it... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

PAENG the way to fix all this would be like unravelling christmas lights or knots from a ball of yarn after 2 cats played with it for a week. it would take undoing half the game codes. plant and grow and harvest all types of crops. once those are stored they become vegetables,protein,grain,and fruit. or do we split it 1 step more: meat and seafood,green vegetable root vegetable,tree fruit berry?

i agree it would unclutter many menus. i wouldn't wish all the recoding on anyone.and i am sure it would cause many debates.

I'm guessing a mod or mods could be used to simplify some foods - similar to the way there's a mod that simplifies Clothing. I've never quite understood the huge assortment of food available only through trade. On the other hand, if you over simplify food, I would feel like I was playing "Banished for Idiots". [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />