BlackLiquid Forums
Despo begins to modding :-) - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Mods General Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Despo begins to modding :-) (/showthread.php?tid=698)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Despo begins to modding :-) - Discrepancy - 04-13-2017

Quote:
16 hours ago, despo20 said:

I'm trying an F variant with a chimney in a different position, but I'm not able to make it work... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I just make different .fbx files for each building, attach the smoke point directly to the building. Then leave out the pointlist reference in the template file, like this:

Code:
ParticleDescription particle
{
    ParticleAttachment _systems
    [
        {
            Time _fadeInOutTime = 2.0;
            bool _addOnCreate = false;
            bool _addOnNotify = false;
            Particle _particle = "ParticleSystems\Fire\FireSmall.rsc";
        }
        {
            bool _addOnCreate = false;
            Particle _particle = "ParticleSystems\ChimneySmoke\ChimneySmoke.rsc";
            String _attachNode = "smoke";
        }
    ]
}

I did this with the Small Townhouse from DSSV.

Despo begins to modding :-) - despo20 - 04-13-2017

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a>!

I tried exactly this way after Ketchup's screen, but I hadn't deleted the code string from template file.

Now it works perfectly!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> make a try with different .fbx for each variant. With all the variants within a single file doesn't work for me.

Thank you all guys for the great help you gave me!

It's time to release the v1.0  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

Despo begins to modding :-) - KevinTheCynic - 04-13-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9077-anni71/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9077" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9077-anni71/">@anni71</a> well as someone who used to be in the army (and my first unit was an armoured reconnaissance regiment so we had armoured vehicles, no tanks though...) and as someone who used to play World of Tanks, I can relate to your comments and they both made me laugh out loud! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> I think you'll have lots of fans because like the other modders here, your work shows a level of detail & variety that we didn't get in the vanilla game... and if there's any thing I have learnt from the Banished fan community is that we love to have some variety but beautiful models make us stop in our tracks and mumble, "Want, want NOW!" [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a>!

Ok guys! The time has come!

In the download section you can find "D20 Medieval Houses" v1.0  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

Report to me any problems [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Despo begins to modding :-) - anni71 - 04-13-2017

Quote:
7 minutes ago, despo20 said:

Thank you! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wub.png[/img]/emoticons/wub@2x.png 2x" title=":x" width="20" />

Your welcome! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/happy.png[/img]/emoticons/happy@2x.png 2x" title="^_^" width="20" />

Despo begins to modding :-) - Ketchup - 04-13-2017

congratulations Despo !! beautiful work !!

Despo begins to modding :-) - Bartender - 04-14-2017

I just tried to see what a medieval city street could look like with these..

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/D20.png.4aa3cbe38671ad55d7709e14be2e7325.png" data-fileid="2021">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/D20.thumb.png.4c6bd790eef1a5c8495fe044b915c338.png[/img]</a>

It's beautiful! I would love to see more buildings in this style, it's absolutely amazing.

I've found one tiny bug by the way: there's a little piece of texture missing on the big house.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/D20.png.1e8937141b4ba3b9ff5d8f38de362db3.png[/img]

Despo begins to modding :-) - despo20 - 04-14-2017

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a>!  And thanks for reporting <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a>!

I fix it right away [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Despo begins to modding :-) - Necora - 04-14-2017

Ohh looking at that shot from <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a>, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> I love the way they over hang in random places and make a non-uniform lay out... diagonals would look fantastic with these.... we can have some proper medieval crooked winding streets!