BlackLiquid Forums
Despo begins to modding :-) - Printable Version

+- BlackLiquid Forums (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Banished General (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Mods General Discussion (https://www.blackliquidsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Despo begins to modding :-) (/showthread.php?tid=698)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Despo begins to modding :-) - despo20 - 04-12-2017

Wow! I never expected to have so many fans! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

I'm trying to do as quickly as possible with the time I have available [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

But I have a little issue with the F key variants...

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> I need your help again!

I have set a F variant of my storage and works well, except for the texture. Both variants load the same texture, the first one.

I have duplicated the relative files in Model and MaterialInstance folders (screenshots below) and I have edited the template file in this way.

There is something else to do?

Code:
}

PickingDescription picking
{
    MaterialInstance _selectMaterial = "Material/SelectionMask/SelectionMask.rsc";
    PickingGroup _meshes
    [
        {
            PickingMesh _mesh
            [
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBuild01Picking.rsc",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBuild02Picking.rsc",
                "Models\D20HouseStoragePicking.rsc"
            ]
        }
        {
            PickingMesh _mesh
            [
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBBuild01Picking.rsc",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBBuild02Picking.rsc",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBPicking.rsc"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

ModelDescription model
{
    MeshGroup _meshes
    [
        {
            GraphicsMesh _mesh
            [
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBuild01Mesh.rsc",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBuild02Mesh.rsc",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageMesh.rsc"
            ]
        }
        {
            GraphicsMesh _mesh
            [
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBBuild01Mesh.rsc",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBBuild02Mesh.rsc",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBMesh.rsc"
            ]
        }
    ]
    int _displayIndex = 0;
    int _subIndex = 0;    
    bool _randomIndex = false;
}

HighlightDescription highlight
{
    EdgeGroup _meshes
    [
        {
            EdgeMesh _mesh
            [
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBuild01Mesh.rsc:edge",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBuild02Mesh.rsc:edge",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageMesh.rsc:edge"
            ]
        }
        {
            EdgeMesh _mesh
            [
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBBuild01Mesh.rsc:edge",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBBuild02Mesh.rsc:edge",
                "Models\D20HouseStorageBMesh.rsc:edge"
            ]
        }
    ]

// materials for drawing selection with no mesh
    MaterialInstance _maskMaterial = "Material/SelectionMask/SelectionMask.rsc";
    MaterialInstance _edgeMaterial = "Material/SelectionEdge/SelectionEdge.rsc";
}

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/sc1.jpg.4bfc679db3fbd6e683d8790280c67858.jpg" data-fileid="2009">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/sc1.thumb.jpg.1180263151df95d1d6e01d0d34ada21e.jpg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/sc2.jpg.5021961d84b1bce6678c5e449477c1a4.jpg" data-fileid="2010">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/sc2.thumb.jpg.1347efb9a4e6f126b800d7ab88a774f1.jpg[/img]</a>

Despo begins to modding :-) - Discrepancy - 04-12-2017

Are all textures properly linked in the .fbx file? texture/material has same name as texture file, with all relevant materialInstance files for every texture file the model calls up? so if you are multi-texturing a single building you must have all the materialInstance code for each image file.

Also, have you correctly linked the correct textures inside your D20HouseStorageBBuild01Mesh.rsc, D20HouseStorageBBuild02Mesh.rsc D20HouseStorageBMesh.rsc ?

Code:
GraphicsMesh resource
{
    String _meshName = "Models\D20HouseStorageB.fbx";
    int _instanceCount = 5;

DetailLevel _detailLevel
    [
        {
            float _transitionDistance = 10000.0;
            String _subObject = "mesh";
            ImageBuffer _image = "Models\MaterialInstance\D20HouseStorageBAO.rsc";
        }
    ]

Skin _skins
    [
        {
            MaterialInstance _materials
            [
                "Models\MaterialInstance\D20HouseStorageB.rsc:damage"
            ]
        }
    ]
}

EdgeMesh edge
{
    GraphicsMesh _graphicsMesh = "resource";

MaterialInstance _maskMaterial = "Material/SelectionMask/SelectionMask.rsc";
    MaterialInstance _skinMaskMaterial = "Material/SelectionMask/SelectionMaskSkin.rsc";
    MaterialInstance _edgeMaterial = "Material/SelectionEdge/SelectionEdge.rsc";
    MaterialInstance _skinEdgeMaterial = "Material/SelectionEdge/SelectionEdgeSkin.rsc";
}

Despo begins to modding :-) - Necora - 04-12-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> the mod kit reads textures from the .fbx not from the .rsc files. Only the AO and damage part are from the .rsc. You can have any image as 'damage' and it doesn't seem to matter (I use a generic grey texture that all damage codes link to). <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> It looks like you're .rsc files are in order, so I would assume that you have not linked the texture in the .fbx properly. Are you using blender? If so, each F-variant mesh needs its own material and texture applied to it which are named the same as the ultimate .png. 

Thanks guys! I wouldn't be able to complete this mod without you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

@Necora you got it!

I had put the right material name, but the wrong texture name [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />

Despo begins to modding :-) - Ketchup - 04-12-2017

Quote:
4 hours ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> the mod kit reads textures from the .fbx not from the .rsc files. Only the AO and damage part are from the .rsc. You can have any image as 'damage' and it doesn't seem to matter (I use a generic grey texture that all damage codes link to). <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> It looks like you're .rsc files are in order, so I would assume that you have not linked the texture in the .fbx properly. Are you using blender? If so, each F-variant mesh needs its own material and texture applied to it which are named the same as the ultimate .png. 

in fact it is still matter... the "damage" part control what your mesh will look like once your building has burnt by fire or destroyed by tornado [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

but personally i am very bad at it .... and since i dont use 1 png for all the building but multi-texturing.... my building always look extremly bad when it burnt

Quote:
1 minute ago, Ketchup said:

my building always look extremly bad when it burnt

Oops I've never tried this [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/ohmy@2x.png 2x" title=":o" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> have you ever tried to create F variants with different points?

I'm trying an F variant with a chimney in a different position, but I'm not able to make it work... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Despo begins to modding :-) - Necora - 04-12-2017

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> ohh right, I've never seen my buildings damaged! Sure they must look terrible too then!

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12323" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12323-despo20/">@despo20</a> good luck..... there doesn't seem to be a way to do this using Blender. In 3Dsmax you can assign points named 'smoke' to individual F-variant meshes and it works by just calling for 'smoke' in your particle system part of the template. But in blender, you can't. Even if they are parented to the mesh, it still won't let you have more than 1 'smoke' it will always try to make it smoke.001, smoke.002 etc. I have not found anywhere in the code that lets you refer to more than one smoke point for different meshes. There is a way you can do it for more than one smoke per building, but if you do the same for F-variants then the smoke will come out everywhere on each mesh.

I would love to know if someone knows a way around this.

Such a bad news [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I tried to play with the code for a few hours, but no good news...

Despo begins to modding :-) - Ketchup - 04-12-2017

yeah it is easy with 3dsmax to set it up many points with the same name but hard to make with blender.

with 3ds max you need to make dummies with same name "smoke" all "connected" "linked" direct to your "mesh" "mesh1" "mesh2" and not connected to your dummy named "points" like this screenshot

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="2012" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/37_10_04_17_2_34_41.jpeg.f75f851a428e137437ddbaed948b9d53.jpeg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/37_10_04_17_2_34_41.thumb.jpeg.3baaa4c6ae148cfa33e261c68820953b.jpeg[/img]</a>

but not sure how you do it with blender. i searched last week when question was asked on WoB ....

in my corrupted memory ... i think there was a way in blender but done in blender but with an edit file... notepad++ , but not sure.

i never found the post back

Despo begins to modding :-) - QueryEverything - 04-12-2017

Have you checked out Stack Exchange?  i use them a lot of Excel based queries, and the sub-domain of Blender looks very promising, and busy.

http://blender.stackexchange.com/

I hope someone there can help you all. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

{edit} I also found this link:  https://books.google.com.au/books?id=13fXlLfEM54C&printsec=frontcover }