Terrain info anywhere?

So I finally gave in and downloaded <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. And have been loving this so much!

However, I haven't been able to find any information on all the terrain types. Sure the names are somewhat descriptive (waterworld = lots of water) but it would still be very useful to have minimap examples with descriptions. So far I have been unable to locate such. Testing each one out individually is labor intensive, and includes a lot of loading screen waiting.

Do you want information on Terrain types, or Starting Conditions?  You used the word Terrain, but that's just basically "what color is the ground" and has no actual effect on gameplay. Things like Water World are Starting Conditions, and affect the amount of rivers/lakes/trees that your map starts with.

Sorry, in this case Starting Conditions then. It would be useful information.

Check this thread -

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/topic/759-is-there-more-info-somewhere/&do=embed&comment=2386&embedComment=2386&embedDo=findComment"></iframe>

No pretty pictures though... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

EDIT

Better yet - see EstherHB's fresh chart   [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]

I've been working on this too and added this information under Charts: New Game Settings: Terrain, Climate, Size, Starting Conditions.  I haven't had time to take pictures of the various Terrain Types either. Maybe one day [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

BTW - what is the difference between Nuevo Arbol and Nuevo Arbol Lite, besides the latter being "lite"?

Lite just means the forest is less dense. Sparsely populated trees, instead of denser forest. Otherwise it should be exactly the same.

That new chart looks good! Now the information and/or pictures I was looking for were for the terrain types. (I just tested the waterworld, it really is a water world. Very challenging but also interesting).

Minimap pictures as examples would be extremely convenient, as it would give an idea to how the terrain features are formed.

Well, go for it - seems like a nice little job for bad weather days... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />