banished will not start

So new problem for me. I have been playing banished with MegaMod for awhile with no worries. It takes about 5 minutes to start up but get the black screen and I just wait.

I wanted to add some of the new mods, so downloaded the NewEngland and Maritimes mods and put them in my WinData folder. Now when I go to start Banished I get nothing. All that happens is the Task Manager has the banished application running in the background (at about 25% cpu) but nothing else happens. 

Any ideas?

That is a really weird issue. Does it still load when those 2 mods are moved back out?

Actually I did go ahead and removed both new mods from the WinData file. Banished with Megamod started right up with no problem.

I still wanted to try out those mods so on my other computer is unloaded megamod, loaded up CC1.6 along with NewEngland and the Maritimes as well as a bunch from WOB. Ended up getting the regular error where it won't start because there are too many mods loaded or something. So removed everything but <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, and started Banished no problem. Continued adding mods one by one, starting banished each time. Ended up not being able to load the NewEngland mod (got the regular error) and one of the mods from WOB.

Will go back to the first computer and try just adding Maritimes to see if it will work.