Map Seeds Questions

Hi all,

Map seeds, is there a pattern to them?  Is there a format for certain content?

For the last few maps I've been getting sheep, I had one chicken last week, but it's been sheep, sheep & more sheep, and whilst I do love sheep as a starter, I was wondering if there is anything in the seed sequence that determines the animals?

I know with some mods they 'assist' in the determination of the animals, but if I don't specify a 'start' with the animal, and I leave it to random, how does it generate?

Cheers [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
3 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

I was wondering if there is anything in the seed sequence that determines the animals

There was, long ago, a whole bunch of information on Reddit about this. Yes, the seed does determine what happens with the map. However, its randomly generated, and the likelihood of receiving one animal type over another is the same regardless of which animal it is. There's no preference for sheep, for example.

My advice, other than go buy a lotto ticket, is to just keep rolling the dice and seeing what comes up.

To answer your question specifically, we put a list of animals into the map type chosen, and the game will literally pick 1 (or none) at random. If i recall right, all the lists have either every animal in it, or no animals (hard starts).

Thank you.  The beast of today is now chickens ...  ugh.  lol

I will keep rolling, thank you ;D

As something in the same vein, I am starting to believe that the Map Seed does play a bigger part in determining starting food sources whereas before I thought it was a simple random generator that decided. For the last week I have been updating various mods to the Community Toolbar and starting a new town each time to check the mod. I have been using exactly the same Map Seed every time. 

I don't particularly remember the first two times although I seem to (vaguely) recall that it was the same, but for the last five I have always got peaches as the orchard resource.

If I use the same map seed and all of the same starting conditions, I always get the same crop seeds, orchard seeds and livestock.  I have just one town I use to check mods. When I'm done, I simply quit/exit without saving to return it to it's pristine condition.  

Quote:
On 1/16/2017 at 3:13 PM, QueryEverything said:

Thank you.  The beast of today is now chickens ...  ugh.  lol

I used to hate chickens and wouldn't use a map if that was the livestock. However, now I've discovered survival coats, I like chickens. Note that you always get chickens if you use the Bayou or Appalachian starts.

Yes!  I completely agree about the chickens now <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> and now with the domestic animals gatherer, not having larger livestock isn't a problem as I can build the other animal pens.

The problem is that not all tailors are affected by the changes for them, the ones for the new toolbar now no longer have the survival coats, I've added the Blacksmith mod by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> but there isn't a matching one for the tailors, so hide coats it is [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />  (correction, there is the mod that makes the tailor do all generic clothing with the resources, but it doesn't add the pretty / survival etc to it).  

Also too, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> has released his new Bakery mod which has Omelette & Quiche now, so my Eggggstravaganza can now be used to greater benefits, rather than selling 2-3k at a time at the trader, lol!!!

One of the problems with using some of the non <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> tailors is that they take 2 leathers to make a coat instead of one. 

Quote:
3 hours ago, estherhb said:

One of the problems with using some of the non <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> tailors is that they take 2 leathers to make a coat instead of one. 

they take 2 leathers to make 1-2 coat (if non educated , they take 2 leather per coat. if they are educated, they take 2 leather for 2 coat)