Toolbar settings & orders

Hi all,

How are the toolbar settings, set?  Is there a way to change them at all?  Is there a way to change their size, other than the 2 toolbar mods currently available?

I have changed computers to game on and I've noticed that since moving all my data & mods etc over to this new computer that my toolbar is "wonky".   It is no longer long, the orders of the sub-menu are different, and it's just not how it was.  What is annoying that because it is no longer as long as it was the main toolbar is now 2 icons deep, rather than just the 1; the storage is now 3 rather than the 2.

And because Steam won't let me have 2 instances of Banished running on 2 different systems I can't tweak settings on both at the same time, ugh.

A note on settings:  I have tried running on different screen settings, full screen & windowed, as well as different resolutions, largest & smallest, and these changes don't affect the toolbars.  I have also disabled a couple of new mods which installed to the main toolbar rather than the sub-bars, and it did make a difference on the main toolbar, but the sub-toolbar, doesn't make sense.  Especially when the original game had 30 icons across, now the new 1 only has 22.

Please help! This new main toolbar is just unkind!!

Game settings, video

Game settings, general

Mods:  Toolbar Buttons (Enabled); ShortToolbar (Disabled)

Toolbars:

Main toolbar, normal (original)

Main toolbar, new (2 rows)

Storage toolbar, normal (original, 2 lines, 30 wide)

Storage toolbar, new (2 rows, 22 wide)

Cheers [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/587d511fbd48a_Screenshot7gamesettingsvideo.jpg.04738adc4bc76f932ed880ddb079285f.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/587d51253fb05_Screenshot3gamesettings.jpg.f209e403904333602605d90d2ede0322.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/587d5135545c2_Screenshot5toolbarmods2.jpg.d1d307aa704424ace9441c87d8adbba7.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/587d5138cc670_Screenshot4toolbarmods1.jpg.61ac1b40f4bb8206ff2b735c9162e27e.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/587d519d53f3d_Screenshot3toolbarnormal.jpg.fa18bd7b563f58d4cab8473ef1781403.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/587d51b93c9cc_2017-01-1619_17_59-.thumb.png.c18ba7fb053a22631a1755a32938fbb8.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/587d51ed2e024_Screenshot53toolbarstorage.thumb.jpg.cdf267d99cbf9ebaef9390fd94724f64.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/587d52020558a_2017-01-1619_18_32-.thumb.png.947456ed94b4e0d803f1bae2ece51e51.png[/img]

The main toolbar will grow wider as icons from mods are added to it.

It appears to accommodate a width of 22

The sub toolbars will grow wider as icons from mods are added to it. 

It appears to accommodate a width of 30

god ! we really made wayyyyyyyyyyy too many things for this game LOL

The sub toolbar though won't go up to 30 on this new installation, it's stuck on 22.

I don't know why it's not expanding to 30 like the original.  

Any ideas on why this new installation is shorter?

Quote:
Just now, Ketchup said:

god ! we really made wayyyyyyyyyyy too many things for this game LOL

I have noticed that the new mods I've got from WoB are in testing stages & perhaps when finished they will install into a sub toolbar (the flowers & plants by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> is one), and then if the Crazy Coloured trees by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> are also put into a sub toolbar (decorations), then that will also reduce the toolbar width.

Not sure where Shock's new housing will ultimately end up, if he plans on putting it into a "collections" or "housing" toolbar.  

DSSV Village may stay on the main (v2 is still in Beta), and I don't know what will happen with <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>'s Maritimes.  

So, yup, there are a lot of mods <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> but all are amazing and so very worth it!!

Devs:  Is there a way in the "Debug" where I can rearrange my own toolbar, or is it just the way it is?  I have an idea on how I would like it to look & work, but if it's not in the debug then I have no option.

Still doesn't explain why I went from 30 wide to 22.  *sulks, lol

there is something about where we can put our icons and toolbar for our icons :

we cannot put them in a toolbar created inside another Mod. and thats very very sad*. i know with <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> i have a RK Toolbar icon at the base. if i could and always wanted that, i wish been able to always put all MY MODS icons in my RK Toolbar and have everything there....

but we cannot.

if i replicate the exact toolbar, the game create a 2nd copy of it . and the game put the icon of MOD 1 in the RK 1... and put the icon of MOD2 into the RK number 2 ... and so on.

personally i always try to not load the toolbars everywhere.

thats sad, on many aspect, that game has been created with lack of vision from the developper.

I've packaged up my mod in different ways with the aim of making it into modular pieces so that if you only want the fishers you can. I did it so the had the same tool bar menu, but if you try to load up both at the same time, I found that nothing showed up and when I disabled one and not the other, the game crashed. So yeah, you'd need a separate tool bar option for each. 

With regards to mine, the reason I chose one main tool bar is because I wanted it all in one place and didn't want to spam up everywhere else, the food menu can get pretty crowded already for example (or your storage one there). Now, I could put a maritimes option on each tool bar, but again if I release anything separately, it will need its own. That is a lot of tool bars spread around if you think how many buildings I have already, although I guess it could be done and the whole set made modular instead of one big mod. I'm already thinking about adding another level to what I have, because with more fisheries and dock buildings, that tool bar is going to get pretty full.

What I also find odd <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> & not sure if it's the way you've coded it, or the base game, is that it's between 2 core toolbars, the speed and the settings.  

If it's you, as a deliberate tool, that's cool (no complaints), but if you've had no control other than "set toolbar, main", then it's just odd.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a>I can see why in some respects why he game won't allow you to place inside someone else's toolbar, but I'd have thought that at least the game would allow a sub-toolbar dedicated to modding already, one where you can install all of RK's into the RK folder, like in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, where they have the sub toolbar dedicated to themes & builds.  But, natively in the Vanilla game, and not needing mod creators to group your mods for you.

I'm finding just as a user that there is so much more that could've been done in the original framework, but it wasn't.

The ability to build your own toolbar should be one of them, especially when the modkit was release, us users could sort out our own toolbars as we added your mods.  Oh well.  Can't please everyone, and certainly not ones with OCD...  oops. haha.

Still weird as to why this new installation is only 22 across as opposed to 30.  I will add the 2 new mods I installed today to the other machine and see if it changes the toolbar, if so, then it's a new mod that's doing it.

Thanks all ... let's hope this gets sorted, that 2nd row is doing my head in... sighs.

it would be nice if the icons from various mods would add themself in where they belong.sadly they do not. you get a mixture. sometimes houses will add to houses and sometimes as an extra icon then splits down. as RED's <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> had its own icon,it would be nice if that could be added to without having to reload the entire mod set each time. most storage buildings do add where they belong,but not all. i end up with like 5 bakeries,an assortment of mills,etc all scattered here n there.what makes it harder is not all the mills produce the same. some use corn and some barley or sorghum. pain in the neck to remember which is which sometimes.plus all the building requirement materials are different.i even tried to do a list on paper but that is caotic also.not all storage buildings list the amounts.i wish when i scroll over a mill it would say what product it takes. but i realize when you get to the bakery the list would be too big. i don't see a solution. i do think the mega mod would organize many of the icons but that also brings other problems. pressing so many mods into 1 brought a list of problems,glitches,and conflicts. i never added it.to date i have only seen 2 small pieces that i wish i had.

as for your problem of switching comps and the icons and toolbar changing: did you change your mod order???? i notice you have several mods that affect the icons and toolbar. try turning them on and off and rearrange the order. if you loaded them and just turned them on in your 1st comp,and then swaped them to the 2nd and just turned them on,the order might be different. the order of the 1st comp is not relayed to the next. the order of the 1st would have been set based on when you loaded each mod.that might have a big effect on things.

it isnt a problem with Options => Game => User Interface Scale ?