UI options

Hello !

When I play Banished, there are any details that make reading difficult. (numbers are themes, chip are ideas)

1. In Trading Post window, difficult to find interesting items. For inventory tab, prices are not displayed: to know the most expansive, I must go to the trade tab. But there is an other problem: I can't sort items... So, I must search in the integral list (with all items if I want to know their value)... So, I think 2 improvements in this window would be welcome:

• in inventory tab: display prices, with a third sorting option: "sort by value"

• in trade tab: add possibility to sort items (e.g. clicking on column name to sort with this criteria, a second click to change order; increasing/decreasing).

2. I often view there are a lot of items types in storage barns. If I want to stock items by buildings (food, tools, clothes, ...) I must to build the specific building but difficulty : there have not got a same size and locations conditions (e.g. hill for vegetables).

• why not have check boxes to choose which items are stored in storage building ?

Thank you for reading !

AdeJ

I don't know if I explained very well. So, I'm going to reformulate with pictures (edited printscreens).

1. Trading Post

In Inventory, I think that it's easier if the values are displayed (buy/sale). More sorts would be welcome too : by category, by value (buy), by value (sale). I edited this picture :[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Trading-Post_Sorting-Inventory_edited01.png.93c23195c96190201d598ab024561a38.png[/img]

In trade, the possibility of sorting items would be a bonus as in this picture :

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Trading_Post_Sort-by-Value.png.77b49d955424a46523adb5305f443a6a.png[/img]

For orders, I think it's impossible to choose items with "never", others with "Juste Once" and others with "Every visit". If check boxes (one choice possible) are displayed, the choice of items frequency would be simplified :

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Trading_Post_Order-edited.png.9cb547dda99b29e2fd3073f2e46b4bc6.png[/img]

2. Town Hall

When I go to "Inventory" in Town Hall, it's to see how many items we have got. But, sometimes, I want to see a quantity of items of precise category (e.g. food) but I must see each item in the full list. Difficult when there is a lot of different items... Why not category sorting ?

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Town-Hall_Sorting-Inventory_edited.png.32d55372b124389d802be79bd2f3bc8a.png[/img]

3. Location storage

Hard to organize the town when items are producted and used in the same district but stored at the other end of the city... If we can choose what items are stored in each Storage building ? With checkboxes. For the contents of the list, either in the full list (as in Town Hall) or in a list with item are already stored in the building.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Storage_checkbox.png.a5bcc379d27b0d92a3aad08eda906a56.png[/img]

4. Production

Fot any products, the quantity of required items is indicated. But there are buildings where it's indicated (buildings of vanilla I think, I'm sure)...

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/Factoring-compositing_3.png.a288d5b8a50cbd099ec9d4200ff33c2c.png[/img]

I like very much this game. I suggest this UI options because they are the important difficulties in city management for me...

AdeJ

I think every single one of those ideas is a great idea. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Unfortunately, the modkit doesn't allow us to change details like that. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

We can't add new functionality into the game that doesn't already exist somewhere.

Number 4 is able to be done by each modder who created each building. I'm just lazy. Hopefully the next major release of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> I'll go in and do it.

Quote:

We can't add new functionality into the game that doesn't already exist somewhere.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I think there is perhaps a solution for storage (n°3) : it exits a building in which we can choose stored item. But these items are blocked until the unblocking is ordered. Is it possible that items aren't blocked ? The storage is the same of normal storage but the possibility to choose items would be possible.

For option "Sort by...", can't you add an sorting option with a request in Database ? I'm novice developper and I have never made programming mod (just xml in civ4)... Simple idea [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:

Number 4 is able to be done by each modder who created each building. I'm just lazy. Hopefully the next major release of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> I'll go in and do it.

Thank you ! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

thanks you for the suggestions and with the edited screenshots it is easy to know exactly what you are looking for [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

unfortunatly, the UI is the category we cant mod alot as we would wish to do. everything that is UI is very tightly linked to some other things (bad programmation) like the TradeUI from trading post ; it is it is linked to merchants code and we cannot seperate them and also in same time, we dont have the option to let citizens to take anything from it.

alot of things are modable, but the UI is rarely modable unfortunatly.

Ok... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

But you can't modify UI, there is perhaps a solution to see items inventory with type sorting. I just thought about it. I don't if this idea is feasible but I prefer to share it if possible [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  : creating building that presents inventory for one items type and so, creating as much building as types.

everything works with "flag" as we call them, and every resources has one or many 'flags' attribued to them.

unfortunatly, when we set up the inventory of the building, we can only target "flags" and everything that are in the "flag" group get allowed to be store there. while people asked the developper the ability to have more flags.... personally i asked the ability to target directly the resource if we want.

there are 2000 diff resources now in game... we got +10 flags. Having the ability to target want we want would have been an awesome huge upgrade [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

about the options to "sort by" by other thing... <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> is the best guy in the world to answer this [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />