GOG 1.0.6 Problems...

Hello!

I bought Banished on GOG. It's Banished 1.0.6. I can play the game Vanilla no problem, even run mods from banishedinfo.com. I tried installing the MegaMod, but when I activate it, it crashes at the black loading screen. I deleted the mod. Delete mod-related entries in regedit. Tried <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7. Same problem. When reloading the menu with the mod activated, it crashes. I tried Forge Awakens and New Frontier too but it doesn't work either.. I'm pissed because I really like your mods guys. They are awesome. I use to play NF and <abbr title="The Forge Awakens">TFA</abbr> on my Win10, but I formatted my comp and installed two Linux OS on it. Two days ago, after trying for hours to make Banished run on Linux with Wine, PlayOnLinux and Winetricks, I still couldn't get the danm sound to work... So I installed Win 7 on a small partition just so I can play Banished with your new MegaMod. I even tried installing Banished on my brother's comp (Win 8.1) and same results... What is wrong with my copy of Banished??? What is required in order to make your mods work??

you only get a black screen or you really get a little window with the message that your app crash ?

cause the blackscreens for 5-30 mins is normal.

I get the fatal access violation window.

I tried on win7, Win8.1 and Win10 now... <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> crashes the game every time I try to load it.

have you tried to make <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> 1.6 or 1.5 work ? or even 1.4 ?

I'm having the same problem running <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> with gog 1.0.6 (I'm running on vmware fusion Win 10 and I've also tried vmware Win 7). Vanilla gog 1.0.6 without mods works fine

Quote:
On 24/01/2017 at 8:11 AM, SideWinder said:

....but I formatted my comp and installed two Linux OS on it. Two days ago, after trying for hours to make Banished run on Linux with Wine, PlayOnLinux and Winetricks, I still couldn't get the danm sound to work...

Not sure I can help you re sound problem, but I've been running the GOG version of Banished on Linux Mint 18.1 “Serena” Cinnamon Edition 64-bit via PlayonLinux, I ended up with two versions of Banished being installed Banished x32 and Banished x64, the install instructions I had recommended deleting the x64 version and using x32, but I've ignored that and have been using the x64 version and so far its been very stable with no noticeable problems.

-catty

PS: Sorry I forgot to add I'm also using MegaMod plus a few other mods and apart from the fact it takes a long time to start I've had no problems