Building suggestion

I want to make a town where the industry is separate from housing. But in Banished it doesn't work. So I was thinking an excellent addition would be industry housing. I don't know the 1st thing about making models and mods, but I found some as examples.

https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/...ad-housing

https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/...t-building

https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/...ing-design

If someone could make one (or two) and have it house 50-100 families, someone who RPs, like Vaypah, would probably love something like this. I'd luv to be able to have one. That's why I'm posting it.

Thanks

If you set a house to accommodate more than one family, they will automatically treat it as a boarding house and move out at the first opportunity. And I seem to recall a hesitance for families to procreate when living in boarding houses, although I could be remembering that wrong.

Yeah I remember reading a boarding house description somewhere that they won't procreate when in such close quarters, or at least do it less often. Same goes for when the family size out grows the house capacity. 

One solution would be to make it modular, like lots of little box houses that fit together to make a large apartment style building. Over at WOB they were talking about ghosting buildings in the air, but you would still need a 1x1 square at least for access. Could be the sort of thing you are looking for though.

in fact, if i remember correctly our suppositions, the first family which arrived will have babies, all the other families wont.

I generally like the idea of being able to have a separate industrial area if I'm trying to make a larger town but as we have seen, the further away a citizen lives, the less productive the building will be. So the idea of having a family live next to or inside the same building is a definite solution and I believe it was you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> that had some mods using this idea, e.g. the tailor with an add-on house so we know that it is possible to make something like this.

However as mentioned by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a>, it has to be one family only per building so a possible solution would be to do as Ketchup has done and also as can be found in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> with the Themed sets (there's a bakery that can have another two floors added above it, each floor is a separate house). As Necora mentioned, it could be modular, exactly like what Ketchup has done with his Mexican Fantasy mod and Necora has done with the Port Royal addition to his Maritimes mod.

I know I am just basically repeating what the rest of you have already said but I'm thinking of how it could be implemented... so for example, the ground floor could be a large sized production building and then the second floor could be multiple modules so that two or three (or maybe more depending on how big the base building is) houses could make up the second floor (just like a set of apartments above a ground floor shop). The houses would lock to each other in the same manner as Ketchup's Small Town Row Houses mod. To take the idea further a third floor could be made using the same technique as the second floor. In this way you could have one production building with several homes directly attached to it so that it looks like one large sized, completely industrial looking building.

In this way, you would also get the ability to make each building look a little different, for example, one production building might have just one floor of homes above it while the next production building has two floors of homes above it. Even the number of homes per level could be different with say two homes above one production building and four homes above another production building. I wish I could find an image of what I'm talking about but if necessary I'll draw one free-hand and post it if it would help make it clearer.