Fatal Error Crash After Loading Saved Game (CC: Journey)

Hey guys, I just started a new game with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>: Journey 1.7 yesterday and I went to load it up today and it keeps crashing giving me a Fatal access violation error. It crashes when I click on my town hall(default) or my Industrial Trading post. Some buildings are ok to click on and it doesn't crash, but it consistently crashes with at least these two. There could be more that is crashes with, but I don't have time to load the game over and over clicking through all the buildings.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this or a fix for it? Here is the error message:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/Banished_Error.jpg.0bd72dd5d64a690fe47ebdfc895b97e6.jpg[/img]

I only have <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>: Journey and the Terraform SUPER BETA 0 mods installed.

Crashing the game when clicking on a Town Hall or Trading Post is a problem a small percentage of people seem to be having.  It's been happening off and on for a few versions of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> now, but it's hard to diagnose, because we can't replicate the problem.

The only similarity to the Town Hall and the Trading Posts is that we added the minimize button to both of them, so the best guess, right now, as to the problem is that, for some reason, your game doesn't like that.

I have this little mod here: TradeTest.pkm

It should remove the minimize buttons from your Town Hall and Trading Posts. (It's not been updated for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7, but your Industrial Trading Post is a 1.6 building, so it should work).

The only issue is that the game doesn't like to change things midgame, so even if you apply this mod ABOVE <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, it won't affect buildings already made and your buildings will still crash. But if you demolish them and rebuild them, then they won't have the minimize button anymore, and might not crash.

Of course, this is just an educated guess as to what the underlying problem is, because most people don't have this problem, so it's hard to figure out. And as the pkm name suggests, it's just a test fix.

I had the same error; I tried installing the mod posted above, but unfortunately it did not fix the issue (even when building new structures, as recommended).  I noticed that the crash occurred when clicking on the trading post, and also upon completion of the bank barn building.

The game ran without issue for hours yesterday, but crashes soon after loading today.  I did not have this issue running any of the previous <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mods.  

Quote:
11 hours ago, Aphrael said:

I had the same error; I tried installing the mod posted above, but unfortunately it did not fix the issue (even when building new structures, as recommended).  I noticed that the crash occurred when clicking on the trading post, and also upon completion of the bank barn building.

The game ran without issue for hours yesterday, but crashes soon after loading today.  I did not have this issue running any of the previous <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mods.  

Yep.. Unfortunately this issue pretty much stopped me from playing Banished. Sucks cause I really liked the game and wanted to see what this mod had to offer. Playing the Vanilla game was stale after completing all the achievements. 

I started to possibly link the problem to using Very Large maps but I got tired of troubleshooting and gave up. Are you playing on a Very large map?

my suggestion would be load the game without the steam. that being said it may not be easy to do that. steam takes over wayy too much. and then u most likely will need to upgrade whatever version you find to the newer version. it is possable,mine is chicken wired and ducttaped together but does work.

Quote:
On 2/9/2017 at 8:09 AM, Wolfaen said:

Yep.. Unfortunately this issue pretty much stopped me from playing Banished. Sucks cause I really liked the game and wanted to see what this mod had to offer. Playing the Vanilla game was stale after completing all the achievements. 

I started to possibly link the problem to using Very Large maps but I got tired of troubleshooting and gave up. Are you playing on a Very large map?

I was.  Started a new game on a smaller map; I'll see if it still generates the same error.  

Edit: The trading post now works fine on a smaller map.  I still get the crash (immediately) anytime I try to construct either of the town hall type buildings that allows you to see your town's whole inventory.  

Okay guys! Thank you so much for this Idea, that finishing a build crashes the Game, Now I went through the last Minutes before the instant Crashing and found out, it was a street lantern, it crahshed instantly at 100% destroyed. I fixed it for me! Thank ysm!

(( On the Screen, this was the lantern that caused the Crash. ))

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/EtLJ7Ih.png.fe57d12808a71a46a3b28ccb8a0e935e.png[/img]

I am also having the town hall crash. In addition I have a crash whenever I change the Construction Items limit. The problem is the game changed the limit to 0 for me now I can't enable them again [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />

Need additional info:  Are you playing using Banished 1.0.6 or 1.0.7 Beta? Which version of Colonial Charter are you using?  Are you using MegaMod too? Any other mods? What order are they in?