How to produce Gold?

Hi all:

I've read the "Icon chart for Colonial Charter".

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P5.jpg.e00570c45ead28bdfddaa13d9d597f99.jpg" data-fileid="1171">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P5.thumb.jpg.1ce769e1d8c900e6bf310a35d9040e51.jpg[/img]</a>

It told me that gold are created from Foundry.

When I build the foundry, never seeing the gold option.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P2.jpg.82fe89aa8070b4891ef56ec70d79637c.jpg" data-fileid="1172">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P2.thumb.jpg.0b84f3fd84f6dbf915282aa8d8a47fa6.jpg[/img]</a>

I also built the forge, but I still didn't see the gold option.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P1.jpg.daec69372fec115ec28878a1c752aceb.jpg" data-fileid="1173">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P1.thumb.jpg.ccf01a419d7d1e9ae8889c49bfadd8f4.jpg[/img]</a>

My Colonial Charter version is 1.62 which is downloaded from this site.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P3.jpg.8ce6d4279c95fb26537d472a88b6b357.jpg" data-fileid="1174">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P3.thumb.jpg.138745fb0039c297e4776c9d9963c115.jpg[/img]</a>

By the way, I checked the Mod detail, foundry was not overridden.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P4.jpg.95582281baf8ef55e475b4e046da2d5d.jpg" data-fileid="1175">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_01/P4.thumb.jpg.91351f11a1e4711abeab62ccb9ffa009.jpg[/img]</a>

So..., how to produce gold?[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

Looks like the option at the  Forge and the Foundry to make Gold from Gold Ore has been left off.  The good news is that there doesn't seem to be an actual need for Gold - except for trade.  Gold Guilders are made directly from Gold Ore by the Melting House.  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>???

Quote:
15 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Looks like the option at the  Forge and the Foundry to make Gold from Gold Ore has been left off.  The good news is that there doesn't seem to be an actual need for Gold - except for trade.  Gold Guilders are made directly from Gold Ore by the Melting House.  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>???

Does it mean that gold is useless in this mod?[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

i haven't yet been able to get and play the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> journey. googledrive won't let me download it on this comp. i 1st was going to ask if you had gold ore. do u still have the small smelters?? does the new version come with the frontier fort??? in which case that is where you need gold and silver. do you have any picky traders as well? i have some that don't accept most of the items for trade.

Quote:
3 hours ago, skywillnosky said:

Does it mean that gold is useless in this mod?[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

Gold Ore is currently not being converted into "Gold" right now - I'm checking to see if that's deliberate or not. Gold Ore is used to make Gold Guilders by the Melting House. Guilders can be used for trade or to buy things at the Chartered Company, Smugglers Dock or Seamstress Guild.  

Quote:
2 hours ago, stiles said:

i haven't yet been able to get and play the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> journey. googledrive won't let me download it on this comp. i 1st was going to ask if you had gold ore. do u still have the small smelters?? does the new version come with the frontier fort??? in which case that is where you need gold and silver. do you have any picky traders as well? i have some that don't accept most of the items for trade.

There is still a small iron smelter.  The fort is still in the game under Themed Sets (the Fleur de Lis symbol).  The Musket Range and the Work Camp use Silver Pfennigs not Silver or Gold. Silver Pfennigs are made at the Melting House from Silver Ore.

If you use a variety of items for Trade, you won't have to worry about the picky ones. I used to use mostly Ale, but there seem to be a lot of Methodist or Mormon merchants who won't accept it. Now I start with Reeds and add Statues, Furniture, Survival Coats -- and now Domesticated Animals [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />, 

The ability to turn gold ore into gold was turned off, yes. Because there is currently no actual use for the gold, except as a trade item.

but but but i hide mine in the resource storage barn at my fort.  <<< going to build canons so KRALYREG can't rob my gold and pearls.

i think he made the women mad too they wanted their jewelry.