Farm Sizes

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm not really sure.  I'm curious as to what are the most efficient farm and pasture sizes?  I've searched Google but seem to get endless different results, I'd like something a bit more solid of possible?  Thanks for any help in advance [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

The Size Calculators at BanishedInfo.com are a good place to start when you want to know the best size for crop fields, pastures and cemeteries. However, you need to adjust those recommendations depending upon which Climate you use and whether you have Laborers move the crops to storage. If you use a Harsh Climate you may need to make your fields smaller or add another Farmer during the harvest.  They can be larger if you use a Very Mild Climate.  I use Very Mild and make my crop fields 144 squares (12x12 or 8x18) with 1 Farmer. I make my Dense Orchards 9 x 19 with 1 Farmer (but I've even gone bigger and it was OK). Hope that helps.

And to add to what <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> said, there are other factors that will affect the yield from fields/pastures such as how far away the worker lives from their workplace and if you have any mods installed that allow labourers to collect harvested resources and deliver them to a barn (rather than have the farm worker do it). Some mods make certain sizes works better than other sizes but personal preference, how much land you want to use and so on are also big factors. 

For example I tend to make my crop fields 8x15 (1 worker) and my dense orchards 5x15 (1 worker). This comes down to visual appeal as much as crop yield because I can place dense orchards next to the crops and break up the acres of fields with some trees. The actual crop yield is suitable for what I need but the ability to place orchards and fields together without any odd sized shapes is a big positive for what I want. I also play with Disasters on and having crop/orchard/crop appears*
to have helped to slow the spread of crop blight from one crop to the next or one orchard to the next.

Here's a direct link to the Size Calculator http://banishedinfo.com/t/Size_calculator/crops 

I have the impression that crop blight will spread from one crop to another or one orchard to another but not from say crop to orchard. So yeah, I think it's helping slow crop blight but I haven't tried testing it because I have no idea how to induce crop blight so that I can measure its rate of spread [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />