Balancing production of Crops and Gatherers

Quote:
2 hours ago, Necora said:

What do the various instances under GrowthDescription and NaturalResourceDescription in the natural resources file mean? There are so many...

When you figure that out, let me know. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I know the float _spawnChance is important.  Chance of Spawn. So a lower number will mean it gets spawned less. But I don't really know what the noise variables mean. Noise is doing something to make it kind of a random distribution across the map, but I have no idea what does what.

The height variables make it so they will or will not spawn at higher or lower elevations. That's how we get reeds to only spawn near the river, because the height is set lower for the riverbanks.

_positionTolerance is how far from the center of the square is the thing allowed to be.  This is probably to give it a more natural look so everything doesn't end up in exact rows, but randomly slightly off center.

It would have been really nice if Luke had made better notes for some of this.

Messages In This Thread
Balancing production of Crops and Gatherers - by Kralyerg - 02-02-2017, 06:38 PM