Megamod, CC 1.7 or both?

Just curious whether people consider either mod good by themselves or do you need both for a complete experience?  Does either seem well balanced by itself?  

The thing about MegaMod is that it's a compilation of mods from many different authors that were balanced independently of each other. So as a whole, it may not be completely balanced.

I've tried to keep things as close to the original mods as I can, only modifying things for compatibility, not balance.

There's been a lot of work done over time to try and balance <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, and more work will be done on it in the future.

I haven't use MegaMod because I had all the components of it that I wanted (because I was using the original mods) and there are some mods added to MegaMod that I'm not interested in. I tried a lot of mods to find the ones I like the best, I like almost all the additions that <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> makes so it's a core component of my game but what makes a complete experience for me might not be the same for you.

So basically what I am saying is I think the best approach is to individually try out some of the bigger mods (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, MegaMod etc. etc.) and see if you like them. Yeah it's a bit tedious to go through this trial and error method but I think you'll also find what ones best suit the game experience you want. And if you decide you want to use both MegaMod and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> at the same time, there's ways to do that as well.