Labtop Suggestions

I'm interested to see what peoples suggestions are here. I bought a Dell Inspiron 5555 about a year and a half ago and it has been a like hate relationship (note - not love hate). I chose it because in that price bracket (about $900 CAD in total) it had the most storage and memory, but the computer itself has some really annoying bugs. It over heats constantly, the mouse pad stops working, and the battery sucks big time, I get about an hour and a half light internet browsing on a full charge. Plus the build quality is horrendous. I've always had a Dell laptop, the first one I had about 12 years ago is still functional, lasted about 5 years before I got another. That one lasted 3 years before it literally fell apart (the screen fell off) and this one I don't see lasting even 3 years. 

Plus Windows 10, I like it, but why did they have to go and ruin everything with that damn auto update that cannot be turned off? It sucks the life out of the internet (esp slow rural connections like mine) and makes the computer run slow AF when it is constantly downloading updates.  You can set the network to 'metered' but then the blue tooth doesn't work!

That being said, a msc student of mine about the same time, for around $1500 CAD, bought one of the next level up gaming laptops from Dell and it is the best thing he has ever had. Next time (probably soon) I think I will invest in something like that, when I am not poor.

Messages In This Thread
Labtop Suggestions - by cainacol12 - 02-04-2017, 05:45 AM
Labtop Suggestions - by Necora - 02-04-2017, 08:14 AM
Labtop Suggestions - by stiles - 02-04-2017, 08:42 AM
Labtop Suggestions - by CaptVader - 02-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Labtop Suggestions - by Paeng - 02-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Labtop Suggestions - by QueryEverything - 02-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Labtop Suggestions - by KevinTheCynic - 02-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Labtop Suggestions - by PredatorBeing - 02-05-2017, 08:52 PM