Economy breaking structures in 1.7

thanks for correcting mme. that is why i still use the no coal mod. BUILDHAPPPY are you using a mod to mkae the charcoal?have you tried the 1.07 compatability mod?

Quote:
11 hours ago, stiles said:

thanks for correcting mme. that is why i still use the no coal mod. BUILDHAPPPY are you using a mod to mkae the charcoal?have you tried the 1.07 compatability mod?

In <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75, Coal cannot be used to heat homes so there's no need for the No Coal Mod. It would need to be converted into Coke first.

i will have to try again, see if i can figure it out. i only did one city purposely to try using charcoal instead of firewood.

re: mods and mod order, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a> i have the newest maritimes modular sets (PEI, etc.) and a few houses such as seen in the screen snip here. i didn't know there was a charcoal mod, i have nothing specific installed. they are all above CCJ an <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, and have no conflicts that i'm aware of - other than this charcoal issue. the red vs. green in my mod list is not an issue, they all seem fine AFAIK.

i used a few brickworks to make the charcoal <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> i think 3 of them, and they made a ton of charcoal. i know they weren't making coke fuel instead by accident, because i didn't have any mines no coal = no coke fuel.

i don't now still have this city. i purged old saves when i updated maritimes and everything else for the new beta. sorry i can't go back to it directly. i usually only keep 2-4 saves anyhow, i'm not much for going back to old saves....

i will start a new city later tonight or tomorrow, and keep good notes and take good screen snips and report back, 'cuz i would definitely enjoy getting 11 units instead of 4 per log! thanks to everyone for their help and ideas. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/Capture.thumb.JPG.eec7059ff4911f13886547375385a7cf.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/595159dfdcd35_Application-steam-x642017-06-2612-56-38-809.thumb.jpg.ff05dae2f95ce599bc70adfe2ee68288.jpg[/img]

by "charcoal mod"i ment a mod that included the charcaol.the pine mod does have charcoal in it.  i wouldn't think that was the issue since you didn't use the pine mod to get the charcoal.i can see though that you have several different mods. i would recommend the 1.07 compatability mod. that is designed to override and fix conflicts. by using it i can run the 1.06 <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> and the new <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> ithout issues. the brick and roof tiles works fine and are totally interchangeable.be sure to run the 1.07 compatable mod above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. the older compatability buildings mod goes below.i do use both.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8733" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/">@BuildHappy</a> judging by what I can see here, it will depend on how the modder, in this case you marked <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8760-tom-sawyer/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8760" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8760-tom-sawyer/">@tom Sawyer</a> mods, coded their houses, as to what fuel the house will use for heating - not all houses use the same fuel sources.  Some houses will only take 1 flag of fuel, whilst some others will take 2 (I can't remember the exact flags, Fuel | Fuel2 , so some will be affected by the lack of firewood.

For those playing just with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> & <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, this shouldn't be a problem (I can't speak to all the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> houses) - but, certainly for those outside of this forum, you may want to make sure you always keep Firewood on hand, even if it's only 1 or 2 choppers, in a remote outpost [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> 

There was a conversation over at World of Banished about making all houses accept a 'structured' standard of fuel, but I don't know if that was put into place (I don't crack the code [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> ), so it may be worthwhile if you notice only a few houses freezing to go to the modders thread on WoB and just dropping them a comment there asking if they included all Fuel types, or creating a post here and tagging them [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Some do read their tags [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I'm not convinced that this is a mod load order issue, and I'm sure I've posted before for you the load order for Banished 1.0.7 (included if I haven't), and <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> / <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> orders.  Your other mods are fine to leave above them all, not sure how you have the Pine Set and other PEI mods listed, so if you're unsure, or you're also running Bartender's Nat Diversity, I can also post the specified load order to get them to all work together as well - so you have more goodies at startup. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

If you're still having problems, let me know [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  I'll see what I can help with.  But, first thing is - if it's the same group of houses that don't use the other fuel, then I'd say that's a code issue, and only the modder can choose to change it or not. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/5951c00fdfaeb_120170513dSUpBLMM.jpg.768d856a44b98cd0414715ffcef15287.jpg[/img]

Quote:
4 hours ago, stiles said:

i would recommend the 1.07 compatability

yes, i have it; i did mention above: "besides some houses and deco, i use CCJ 1.75, 
<abbr style="color:#666666;" title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 
0.07 and its deco, compatibility, maritimes, and NAT DIV. i also have the "more per SWILs" (more x per y, stone, wood, iron, and leather versions) but have only enabled for more wood per tree."

altho' i do only have one version of compatibility, i'm not sure i need both.  i don't have a separate <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>, i am fine with Red Ketchup's medieval town 2.04 that is part of <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07

i am generally quite happy with my game.  smooth, decent temps, adequate loading times, no issues, nothing missing. maybe  when i go in tonight they will suddenly decide they like charcoal and it will "fix itself."  LOL, that'd be nice! 

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/Capture.JPG.df8a7696aeb3c9023230758818bcb2ed.JPG[/img]

Quote:
3 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

I can also post the specified load order to get them to all work together as well - so you have more goodies at startup. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

here's what i have:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/1.JPG.72952e8563f7c15df239a817d4b0dae5.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/2.JPG.8282d99d58f9d7c7ef85140dd8e37f15.JPG[/img]

Hiya <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8733" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/">@BuildHappy</a> I see that you have the NatDiversity mod as well, but I couldn't tell where is was in your mod load order, that's ok - we're moving it anyway.

I don't know if you use <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14007-tanypredator/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14007" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14007-tanypredator/">@tanypredator</a> New Flora mod, I can't see it listed, and that's ok - you don't need it, and the mod load order below can be altered, just ignore the reference to them, where you see the New Flora, leave it out, so it would then just be: "Flax Patch / Pine Set / Nat Div"

To get started, having the NatDiv mod and Necora's mods work together, to create a new start condition (will only happen on Vanilla starts, not [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] ones), you will need to have them work this way (this order was designed by Necora as he wrote his companion mods specifically to work in this order, read more here if you would like to):

Flax Patch  -         <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> - this allows all mods that currently use Flax to work together (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, New Flora & Maritimes)<br style="color:#aaaaaa;" />New Pine Flora  -  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> - "This mod is a compatibility patch that will make sure all natural resources from both New Flora and the Pine Set are spawned by vanilla trees." <br style="color:#aaaaaa;" />New Flora  -           <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14007-tanypredator/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14007" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14007-tanypredator/">@tanypredator</a> - New Flora, adds new spawned items to the Vanilla trees; "At the moment it contains wild oats and flax" etc<br style="color:#aaaaaa;" />Pine Set  -              <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> - Pine Set<br style="color:#aaaaaa;" />Natural Diversity  -  <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="11115" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/11115-bartender/">@Bartender</a> - Natural Diversity Mod

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/5951fba6dcc1d_20170525loadordernpstnfbnd.jpg.918b0ae780ec4ea7668b6177689afee1.jpg[/img]

Then load the remaining Maritimes / Pine Set mods in newest -> oldest order, I have it currently as the download listing here, I make sure that I sort the downloads in the sort order "Sort by recently updated".  http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/category/13-maritimes/

If what you have is working for you, leave it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  If you feel brave, you can change it to reflect the new updates that he released [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> but that's your call.  

For your other mods, I would then place them above/below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> as needed.  
<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Hot Crops, I would put above the New Pine Flora Flax Patch set, along with other game system changing mods.

Place the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>/<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mod collection near the bottom of the mod list, with only the those the specify 'below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>' under them.

- Other players also put other mods in there, unrelated ones, like your Japanese inspired mods, sure - that's cool - they can go wherever you want them to, and where they don't affect other mods. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I also use mods that were released by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5782-kid1293/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5782" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5782-kid1293/">@kid1293</a> that make their mods compatible with the NatDiv mod, and they are over on WoB, their mods are also specific as to where they need to be listed, but I don't see you have them, so that's something for you to check.  

I have all my UI changing mods at the top, then my system changing (<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Hot Crops, Seasons Change etc), then storage, then roads (faster roads) etc, then I have my  New Pine Flora Flax Patch set, then other modders (normally grouped by function, not modder - unless specified), then <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>/<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> collection, then randomness.  200+ & counting [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  I have another 6 to add today!! Haha

I hope that helps, unfortunately, unless the modder has specified that their housing uses other Fuel resources, they will still only use Firewood.  

The trick I use is:  

1)  Right next to a wood stockpile I place a woodcutter or, usually 2 from Necora's Pine Set, and place a 1 tile Firewood Stock pile

2)  Using Kid's Market Puzzle, Firewood stand, place 1 market piece at each housing estate (the ones that use only Firewood), it hasn't been upgraded (I don't think, I need to double check, from memory it hasn't) to the new 1.0.7 Flags, so will primarily stock Firewood. 

So, that's it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  You've got it nearly all right, just a couple of tweaks, and it should be good.

You will notice though that the new load order won't come into effect until you start a new map - and only when you choose a non <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> condition (Easy, Medium, Hard). [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Otherwise you may see items (1 or the other), but you won't see them all together, and working together.  

RE: Lack of charcoal in homes.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8733" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/">@BuildHappy</a> Some of the mods you listed DO alter the way charcoal is accounted for: namely whether it shows up as "fuel" or "furnace fuel".  Under <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, charcoal falls under the "fuel" limit, but with Sherbrooke Village and the Pine Set by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>, charcoal is tied to the furnace fuel limit. (Incidentally, the Unified Mod by embx61 (from WOB) also does this, so there may be others too.)

If Bannies can use "fuel" but not "furnace fuel" to heat their homes then this could be a problem.

(Disclaimer: I don't understand the whole flags vs. limits thing, so maybe I should stop right here, but hey... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />) 

<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> - Charcoal and firewood quantities together total the displayed fuel limit.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/x_CC_J-stacksburner.thumb.jpg.58c06b5d90d02f29f0a0fd92d6d00267.jpg[/img]

Sherbrooke Village has a blacksmith that uses charcoal to craft steel tools. In this mod Charcoal is netted against the furnace fuel limit. Notice how the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> stacks burner info panel is now "wrong" as it lists the fuel limit it was intended to use and not the limit charcoal is actually using here.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/x_NEC_Sherbrooke-blacksmith.jpg.70f61eaac364d99217c7133ca4c7d4ea.jpg" data-fileid="2621">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/x_NEC_Sherbrooke-blacksmith.thumb.jpg.855a7af7169c8cfd026df04159eaccf9.jpg[/img]</a>

Pine Set has a pine pitch kiln that creates charcoal and, as you can see, attaches it to "Industrial [Fuel] Limit". The <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> stacks burner's charcoal, despite it "Fuel Limit" spinner, adds the charcoal it produces to the furnace fuel limit too.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/x_NEC_Pines-pinekiln.jpg.a34cf9317e0a021e1a120fb8dbe81c89.jpg" data-fileid="2622">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/x_NEC_Pines-pinekiln.thumb.jpg.425676bf6246540c7522e0e21f26f3bc.jpg[/img]</a>

EB Unified Mod, like the Pine Set, produces charcoal from a charburner that feeds the "Industrial Fuel Limit". The <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> stacks burner is again along for the ride.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/x_EMBX_Unified-charburner.jpg.24c5959c590e5df19cf68fd07182160a.jpg" data-fileid="2623">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/x_EMBX_Unified-charburner.thumb.jpg.8d10fe4f3dc7edb10518918d7da27ca1.jpg[/img]</a>

I'm sure others with far more insight can give a yea or nay on this, but it might explain your issue. I have precious little charcoal in my current map (with all these mods active) so I know I have none in homes at the moment -- or perhaps never will with this setup...

Good luck in your quest.

very good explanation. i'm still trying to get used to storage. what can i store here and there and which market will move it closer to processors.by the timewe figure it out it will probably change agin.LOL. the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> is a monster to itself with so many mods pressed togerther.