Hoisineke

Years ago a small band of Nomads landed here, thinking they arrived in a tropical paradise... but - surprise! Still, after surviving the first winter, their druid leader predicted well-being in the dense forests, so they stayed...

[Image: hois01.jpg]

[Image: hois02.jpg]

Some 50 years later...

[Image: hois03.jpg]

[Image: hois04.jpg]

[Image: hois05.jpg]

[Image: hois06.jpg]

[Image: hois07.jpg]

[Image: hois08.jpg]

[Image: hois09.jpg]

[Image: hois10.jpg]

[Image: hois11.jpg]

[Image: hois12.jpg]

[Image: hois13.jpg]

[Image: hoisineke-map.png]

-----
My Journals & Movies

-----

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a>  WOW!  How much excellence!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I love your village, there is some excellent inspiration oozing from your pics!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Couple of ques re some buildings ...

Image hois04:  

What are the top right buildings, with the cones, then the 'open' building to their left?

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58980f744f741_hois04cr75.jpg.0e82cef890625b1efc9af2bd1a265800.jpg[/img]

Image hois06:  

What are the little cones, the rear building, and the tall odd building?

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58980f76b6de9_hois06cr75.jpg.28a9f28713921e73fa7cb6c09650c350.jpg[/img]

Image hois09:

Ok, now I feel like a fluffy goose, I can't figure these out.  I know I should ...  crap.  haha

I possibly know what they are, but with them in Winter, snow covered, and multiple F-variants, I just can't figure it out.

I'm also extremely tired, and somewhat lazy, sorry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/589810de4130a_hois09cr.jpg.badf1e59cec635f1a352a657df0637ba.jpg[/img]

Quote:
7 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

Image hois04:

Stacks Burner, small Smelter

Quote:

Image hois06

Butcher, Brick Maker, Rural Blacksmith (upgrade)

Quote:

Image hois09

Block House, Watch Tower, Barracks and Work Camp (both under construction) - from the "Military" set...

All items "old" <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> dependables... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Thank you for your time <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> I will load up and take a look for them in my game [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

What a beautiful town you have built!

From which mod are the blue- and white striped tents? I can't seem to remember.

Btw - if you wonder why I went for the blockhouse without building a "proper" fort around it (instead just some alibi, incomplete constructions)... it's an excellent way to get silver (and even some gold), which I need to support my logging operations with logging barges. And in grungy forest towns a governor's seat (normally a source for silver) does not fit so well...

Takes quite a way to get the blockhouse, you need a quartermaster* first, to produce plenty military gear (80 or so), get some muskets and cannons, and probably other stuff I forgot right now... but once all that is complete, you'll get a good steady supply of silver, better than that government clerk... of course, then you still need hull components to start the barges... LOL

* The "Quartermaster" is somewhat iffy - it's a waterbound quay lot with a weird long staircase into the water, which makes it hard to place, or needs a lot of quay-building around it - all not suitable for wooden frontier towns... so I usually build it a bit out of the way, kinda "invisible"... ;-)

Just one of the chains I fancy... :-)

very good points,sir. it does take time to get those buildings going for sure,even with trading. the alternative is the precious mine or dredge from the creeks and a smelter. but those will be faster to make but take more workers.

Quote:
12 hours ago, stiles said:

the alternative is the precious mine or dredge from the creeks and a smelter.

Yeah, I tried that in Sebrinkley, but didn't get real success out of it, despite numerous placer mines, precious mines, smelters and tons of workers... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

Quote:
15 hours ago, Doctor_Dodo said:

the blue- and white striped tents?

They are from RedKetchup (WoB)...

Looking at the way Hoisinike has grown...

Wood and Lumber industries

[Image: hois14.jpg]

New business and wealthier citizens

[Image: hois15.jpg]

[Image: hois16.jpg]

[Image: hois17.jpg]

New Foundry

[Image: hois18.jpg]

New Chapel

[Image: hois19.jpg]

Training Camp for Hunters and Militia, expanded Quartermaster's outpost

[Image: hois20.jpg]