Seasons?

do any of the players and/or creators here use mods made by folks other than the Black Liquid folks, or those folks included in MegaMod?

i didn't like the way orchard ground color is too bright when i played Northern Pines so i went looking for something like "transparent fields." didn't something like that exist? or am i thinking of 'transparent pastures'? anyhow, i did not find a transparent field/orchard mod, but i did happen to see something called seasonsfx at banishedinfo.com, by a creator called KrazyKiwi. i also saw something called Beautiful World for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> by Owlchemist, but it sounded like some of its features are already in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>/MegaMod (reeds, etc.)

my questions are: does anyone here use seasonfx? is the version at banishedinfo.com still working? (it's 2 yrs old, but i could not find it on steam at all...) any suggestions on placement? above both <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and Mega?

i have got other workshop stuff working fine with both <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.71 Journey and MegaMod v6, but they're mostly buildings and decorative content. (i like the japenese stuff, forest deep stuff, i see fire, xmas trees, etc.

thanks for any suggestions

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/267-SeasonFX

The transparent fields are part of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.  In your Food toolbar, there should be a Transparent Fields sub-toolbar in there somewhere.

i was just checking graphic mods yesterday. the season fx gives different field and orchard textures. makes fields look like they are plowed or hoed rows.i see no conflcts with the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. if you are also using classic landscapes,i would turn that off.i tried chagning the classic in mod order and it didn't help. it overpowers the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> ground textures.not sure how much difference it will make to the season changes or trees. i turned the classic off and leave the fx on.

i did have a problem a while back with the beautiful world mod. i think somehow i was able to make fields overlap with each other. and then they would not work right.fields were planted and harvested several yrs then they stopped.not all fields just hit and miss fields.definetly noticed my food production drop. took me a while to solve that issue. started happening after about yr 15 or so.

my forever orchard mod does work fine.any of the mods that expand map size have never worked well.<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> gives you the largest map without glitches. tandy's wild plant mods are coded different than <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. there most likely will be clashes or just confusions.most other mods at WOB work well. anything that changes the running of the game i place above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. such as the orchard,any time mods,extra mining,bakery plus,etc.building set mods usually i place below. such as the rowhouse,forest outpost,market and storage barn add-ons. it's not fool proof but a base idea helps organize the order.