171(1.0.6) NOmads!

Some drunken village leader suggested at last night's town meeting that we build a wall around Jumperton. Something about "Making Jumperton grape again". I'm sure he was in his cups. Aside from not having any stone from which to construct a wall, who're we trying to keep out? Feral sheep?

Jumperton was founded sixty years ago by refugees from a war-torn state. We've done some great things since the founders arrived! We have a surplus and great variety of food, clothing and booze. Plenty of accommodation. Even a "Seamstresses" guild *cough* (tbh I doubt the hands of any of the ladies working there have ever seen a needle and thread.) We have, or rather had, 4 vineyards keeping the citizenry content in the taverns but an aging population is making it very difficult. The town population has slowly declined by a full third and is likely to decline further. Our people are too hardworking and not spending enough time... "relaxing". The long and the short of it is that Jumperton is an Immigrant Town, but it seems that the rest of the world is so great that no one wants to immigrate! We could make good use of a tired, poor, huddled-mass or two! Can anyone suggest what I can do to encourage immigration?

tl;dr 60 years into the game and I haven't seen a single nomad. I have a town hall, I've checked that there are bridges connecting all the landmasses. Do I need to do anything besides build a town hall? I had an "old town" trading post and in  year 60 I added a vanilla trading post. Waiting another 2 years but still no shabbily-dressed conga-lines to be seen.

CC171Journey is the only mod I'm running.

Thanks!

All you should need is the Town Hall and the vanilla Trading Post. A Boarding House and a Hospital are good ideas too but not necessary. It can take years to attract Nomads.

To ensure that you get Nomads, it doesn't hurt to add a few more structures that attract Nomads.  This is one advantage of using MegaMod - there are so many options. Or you can just add a mod or two. I really like using the Nomad Well (from kid1293's Tiny Town Hall); it attracts Nomads every year!  Then there's the Town Hall in Kralyerg's MiniBuildings; inexpensive to build and can be tucked in anywhere (I decorate it so I can find it again). RedKetchup's Lighthouse (in his Medieval Town) is a great looking town hall - whether you want more Nomads or not. There's also a Welcoming Statue that's part of kid1293's Colonial Houses mod that you can add.  BTW the next update to MegaMod is coming out soon [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thanks for that. I have 3 hospitals and 2 boarding houses. I guess it's that I didn't have a vanilla trading post and I've only waited 2 years since building one.

I initially started with the megamod but was a bit overwhelmed by all the options so restarted with just CC171. I'll wait longer [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Two years on, nomads \o/

i was going to say mini townhall,by itself does not need the trade post and market. and it can take a few yrs to get nomads,usually less than 5. i do sometimes wonder if the nomads appearing is dependant on food sources,hard coded in the game beyond the modders. as to that wall,trump says it keeps out indians,bears and illegals.

Nomads aren't tied into food sources - that's why you need to make sure you have extra when you accept nomads. If not, they can start a death spiral.  Most, but not all, buildings that attract nomads attract bigger groups as your population grows. 

i have seen that. 50 nomads and then you catch up and they give you 40 or 50 more. i do like the mini TH for those early in games thou.reason i said that about the food,sometimes it seem you do something simple and then the nomads show up. just figured maybe LUKE had modded the game that way and left that part out of the modders codes.like surplus food= better chance of mods.

Yeah, that little nomad well that esther mentioned is really reliable at bringing in a few nomads every year. I think a market was also a requirement for the vanilla game. 

I use the nomad well, small town hall,small town clinic, village markets and mini trading post this seems to attract nomads regularly.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>   BTW the next update to MegaMod is coming out soon<span> </span>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" style="vertical-align:middle;border:0px;color:rgb(102,102,102);font-family:Tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:16.25px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(251,251,251);" title=":)" width="20" /> How soon about to start a new game.... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58463058b6053_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic540.png[/img][img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/rolleyes@2x.png 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />

ride the waves of life...go with the flow

I don't have anything to add to the discussion about nomads but I wanted to say <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12055-xenoflot/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12055" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12055-xenoflot/">@xenoflot</a>, your story about Jumperton and its problems was an entertaining read [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]