Old Creek Bridge

CC1.7: I decided to give this bridge a try just to see what it looked like and found that the people wouldn't use it. I had to place a different bridge (used the rock bridge) for people to cross the creek. Is the Old Creek Brdge supposed to be just decoration?

I can't answer the question but I can add to this thread... I cracked open Journey for the first time last night and also tried out the old creek bridge. It seems that it wasn't long enough for the part of the small creek that I placed it on, despite the fact that the road tiles were green on either side, so a few of my workers got stranded on the other side and no one would use it.

I think you have to try it on a thinner stretch of stream.

Ah, ok. I'll give that a try. One of my workers was stranded too.

that is odd. normally the bridge would not place then. the only time i recall that it would place then is if it ended on a flat square surrounded but banked squares.in which case if you tried to build a road away from the bridge it would be green on the space but immediately go red once you stretch it.

Quote:
1 minute ago, stiles said:

that is odd. normally the bridge would not place then. the only time i recall that it would place then is if it ended on a flat square surrounded but banked squares.in which case if you tried to build a road away from the bridge it would be green on the space but immediately go red once you stretch it.

This is a completed bridge of a fixed length - it doesn't s-t-r-e-t-c-h like the others. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Works fine for me -

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/creek.jpg.89c23cc42d50a81547ab252de5fd0f5e.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

i have seen this as well on small streams. banis don't like to use the bridge. i tried placing 4 of them even.