Nothing new is showing up

So I have downloaded the mod and dragged it into the WinData folder. I have also enabled it in the mods section of the game, yet nothing new is showing up... I have restarted a few times and made new towns, but nothing "new" is showing up.

By "the mod", I'm assuming that you mean Colonial Charter 1.71 - Journey.  Make sure you have no other Colonial Charter mods and that the one you have says it is Colonial Charter 1.71.  When you start the game, look at the selection under Housing. The last item (on the far right) should be New England Colonial Set (it shows a big pine tree with a little house).

Quote:
3 hours ago, estherhb said:

By "the mod", I'm assuming that you mean Colonial Charter 1.71 - Journey.  Make sure you have no other Colonial Charter mods and that the one you have says it is Colonial Charter 1.71.  When you start the game, look at the selection under Housing. The last item (on the far right) should be New England Colonial Set (it shows a big pine tree with a little house).

This is the first Colonial Charter version that I have tried. I only see normal game buildings and icons

did you activate it in game?and then exit and restart the game? it isn't security blocked is it? when you start a game and click mods does it show up?

Quote:
57 minutes ago, stiles said:

did you activate it in game?and then exit and restart the game?

If you haven't used mods before, this is probably the most important thing to do - activate the mod, start a new map, save the map, completely exit the game (using the Exit tab and not simply the Quit tab), restart.

When you restart the saved game, you should have the features of the mod available, if not there's something else going on (e.g. incomplete download of the mod - even though it shows as finished, sometimes it's not complete and will not function in the game)

Quote:
1 hour ago, KevinTheCynic said:

If you haven't used mods before, this is probably the most important thing to do - activate the mod, start a new map, save the map, completely exit the game (using the Exit tab and not simply the Quit tab), restart.

When you restart the saved game, you should have the features of the mod available, if not there's something else going on (e.g. incomplete download of the mod - even though it shows as finished, sometimes it's not complete and will not function in the game)

Hmm I tried the saving and restarting of the map, but it didn't work. I'm gonna try to restart my computer, but I feel that shouldn't have an effect on the problem.

Sorry this is so hard for us to figure out:  I'm assuming you don't use Steam?  Are you using the current version of Banished: 1.0.6 - Build 160521 (it will be listed at the bottom of the opening screen).  When you get the start up screen, under mods does it say:  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>: 171 Journey, Version: 171 (1.0.6) BlackLiquid Team.  Is the box next to Enable checked or do you have to recheck it.  When you look your Banished>WinData folder, is the file called ColonialCharterJ and is it a .pkm file that is 1.41GB? In that folder do you also have these 4 files: data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg? 

Quote:
3 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Sorry this is so hard for us to figure out:  I'm assuming you don't use Steam?  Are you using the current version of Banished: 1.0.6 - Build 160521 (it will be listed at the bottom of the opening screen).  When you get the start up screen, under mods does it say:  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>: 171 Journey, Version: 171 (1.0.6) BlackLiquid Team.  Is the box next to Enable checked or do you have to recheck it.  When you look your Banished>WinData folder, is the file called ColonialCharterJ and is it a .pkm file that is 1.41GB? In that folder do you also have these 4 files: data0.pkg, data1.pkg, patch0.pkg and patch1.pkg? 

I'm not using Steam for Banished at least, It looks like I'm running 1.0.4 - Build 141103, which I am guessing is my problem! Thank you so much!

Aha! <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12258-betterthannever/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12258" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12258-betterthannever/">@betterthannever</a>, I'm really glad you got that sorted out (thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> ). The issue with the correct build has come up a few times because some people didn't know there was a newer build and they also didn't realize that the newest mods are made for this new build.

Hope you have a lot of fun with all the mods available [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />