Colonial Charter and building

Now many of you will complain about this post. But its how I really feel when i'm using this mod or any mod basically. Red Ketchup did reduce his return value on the honey building. and made it much more fun to use as an alteturnitive building for food. Part of the challenge of playing on hard is how hard it is to get stuff up, before winter sets in. becuase winter in the mountains is a killer.

I have a problem with all the starter content, it is simply way under priced. every thing in the mod is basically way to cheap to build, and I don't find that fun, at all.  Thats it in a nutshell. I find myself always using the starter buildings from the game, before adding in the modded items. The home is not only underpriced but not large enough to use in Hard Mode, because it also restricts the cononlists to one child. That buiiding makes using it on hard mode nearly impossible, if the small home required nearly as much to build as the normal home and gave you 2 children it'd be much better in my opinion. but most of the stuff gives you way to much value for what they cost to build.  either reduce the return value or increase the cost of building them.  I don't think that starter home would even stand up the amounts are so low.

I'm confused.  You start off by saying that that you like it to be hard, but then end up saying that you don't like it being hard.

There are many different ways to play this game. Some like it hard, some like it easy.

I do agree that generally it takes very little effort to build many buildings and that's not just a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> thing, that applies to just about all mods. I'd love it if someone went and made a mod that made every building cost twice as much in terms of materials and also construction labour, but that would be such a huge job that I don't expect anyone to ever actually do it. Too much time and effort to make such a mod, and I'm guessing that very few people would actually want to use it.

One of the ways you can make it more difficult to play the game is by using one of the mods that increases the amount of food needed to feed your citizens. There are two: one that increases it to 125% and the other to 150% Here's the 150% one. Another way to make the game more difficult is to only build a regular Trading Post. The specialized posts make it easier to get the items you want.

If the Tiny Shacks are too inexpensive (thus too easy to build) and they hold too few people, limit yourself to building the more expensive Stone Houses or Log Cabins to start.  

isn't there a mod that would cut the amount of wood and stone by half per collection?? that would basically do the same as double cost.i think there was 1 to change food requiremnents of the banis also.

There are a few mods that give you more stone and wood. Despite what I wrote earlier I do actually use one of those, but not because I want more resources. I use it because it makes the forester and herbalist radius much bigger. I like big woodlands. I wish there was a version that just doubled the forester/herbalist radius without touching the resources. But there isn't. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/mellow.png[/img]/emoticons/mellow@2x.png 2x" title=":|" width="20" />

I don't remember ever seeing a mod that gives you less resources from each tree/rock.

You are kind of contradicting yourself. First you say they are too cheap to build and it makes it too easy but then you are complaining they don't give you enough for the resources it cost to build them?

Maybe they are cheap to build but there is a draw back which they can only have a family of 3. So therefore that is what makes it balanced. Cheap to build but doesn't house as many people and technically in the long run will cause a population decline(of you don't build more expensive housing). Instead of it being stable at family of 4 or growth at a family of 5,6 or more like other more expensive houses.

So far I do like the different houses in the game so far. If anything I think there aren't enough good wood only houses that are small and that can house 4 or more families. For early game purposes. My early games my only problem is stone. Mostly because I am reluctant to build any mines till mid-late game but early on the only wood only houses are tents and settlers tents. Which are super cheap but tent only houses 3 and settlers tent is huge for it being so cheap and it's space efficient. I wouldn't mind seeing a somewhat expensive wood only house that is sort of small size like 3x4 or something like a all wood row house but I'm not a modder yet so. I'll just enjoy the tons of other options I have and deal with my stone famines.

check WOb. i tink its the original plymouth house that is just wood.

Well first of all I have to make a correction. the update fixed several of my complaints. one the price of a normal size home is now less then a 2 child home in the mod

Secondly I'd like to know where Bugs go, I seem to have one.

I may seem to counterdict myself but I'm not. I am creating confusion though. for that I apologize.   I tend to write very linearly and with several subjects at once, because I am unable to see my problem, in so doing, I confuse others but because I don't see it, I can't fix it. 

I am speaking about 2 different things in the game and your seeing it as all one. sorry.  now if I come back like to day I can see I did it. but its to late.