What are these weird patches?

I been using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> for a while and the mega mod for a week or 2. Now with the new megamod update I noticed these weird patches everywhere. I'm pretty sure I didn't see them in the last game I just did. This is my first game with the new megamod .7 update.

I know the tall thin things are reeds. and I'm sure the bush with read flowers are rose hips, and I actually don't know what the white bush is but I think I've seen it before.

The short dark green patches I have never seen before and there are everywhere for me to not have noticed them before? What are they? Was to curious to wait for a gatherer to eventually pick them up since I haven't even built a hut yet.

Have these always been there? Did the spawn rate get increased if so?

What are rose hips anyways? I always thought it was weird that they got added as a food.

Im also using a mad seed I just started a game with but made new because of the update. And there are a lot more "empty" valley areas too, I guess maybe that's why I see these now than before since there isnt as much thick forest, unless they are new.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58a13178765b1_banishedwildfoodpatches.png.de4927bc22cc2aaab27b4d6f1e18cbd6.png" data-fileid="1315">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58a1317cc5e2b_banishedwildfoodpatches.thumb.png.0c264f71f75af67902f9fae17fd7a7bb.png[/img]</a>

The low bushes are a ground cover added in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.71. I believe they count as trees and will give logs.  Wild rose bushes are from one of the mods in MegaMod.  According to Wikipedia rose hips are edible:   "Rose hips are used for<span> </span>herbal teas,<span> </span>jam,<span> </span>jelly,<span> </span>syrup,<span> </span>rose hip soup,<span> </span>beverages,<span> </span>pies,<span> </span>bread,<span> </span>wine, and<span> </span>marmalade. They can also be eaten raw, like a berry, if care is used to avoid the hairs inside the fruit."

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8039-barraca/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8039" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8039-barraca/">@Barraca</a>,

Quote:
4 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

In her stand alone mod which I use you need to build the "New Plants Gatherer" and the honey seeker is there too.

Now, they were in the food toolbar, but I haven't checked in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> yet [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Hope that helps you both <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/88-grammycat/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="88" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/88-grammycat/">@grammycat</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />