I have CC 1.71 and the stable has an issue

I found what appears to be a bug in the Stables, every time the herdman leaves to go home the building stop functioning. Every time he leaves and it only requires one person. at first I took the guy out of the first building so he stop collecting them but that didn't fix it.  that means I have a building that isn't working most of the time its a waste to build it.

to the matter of how much I'm getting for having that building plus a wondering collector of animals.  it says 200 oats  is that a month a day a week or a season. do  I need a mill when I build an animal building that actually produces grain?  that is very weird to say the least. I thought it would domesticate the local animals and then I'd built a stable  to handle them, it does use a herdsman.  its just wrong!

it should etiher be producing more of its kind so I can put them in a pen!   oats or any form of grain doesn't fly, how do you get that out of an animal. or milk and hide or meat and hide or feathers and eggs?

"Domesticated Animals" is a product (dry goods). You need 4 of them to build a small Animal Pen:  Wool, Eggs or Milk, 12 to build the Milking Barn and two for the Stable.  Has nothing to do with livestock.  The Wild Shepherd finds Domesticated Animals that have been hidden around the map (they're sometimes found when an area is cleared of all raw materials too). They don't re-spawn, so when he no longer finds any, you can either turn that building into a regular gatherer or remove it.  

The Stable's Herdsman will produce one Domesticated Animal at a cost of 200 oats (or other specified grain). The Domesticated Animal is then shipped off to a barn. They make great trade items @ 250 each!

The problem you're seeing is due to a limitation in the game engine. Somebody from the BlackLiquid team will be able to explain this better than I can but the game will not allow modders to create animals in the real world way that you are describing

Basically the stables are a way to produce a "domestic animal" resource. This resource is a way for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> to be able to provide animal pens which are able to provide a small number of resources from either sheep, chickens or cows and so you don't need to have a pasture with these animals to get some of those resources.

To get domestic animals you need to supply the stables with 200 oats per animal. Considering that a domestic animal sells at the trader for 250 units, they are also useful as trade items. You don't need any sort of mill to supply the stables, all you have to do is buy the grain from a trader or grow it in a cropfield. 

The wandering collector is a way for players to get the "domestic animal" resource without having a stables, particularly if they don't have the grain to supply the stables.

I'll say again, while the way this works may not seem "real world" enough, it was done that way because the game engine has limits that prevent using the approach that you describe.

Yes, I realized after I posted this, that, that was causing my building to show a not working when ever the herdsman left that building, and that they were not producing  oats  .. which I thought the descripition meant.  

Today the game is flat broken, I started a new game but its giving me all kinds of headaches,  like if I want to reclaim a building, I can't reclaim it, its like it doesn't exist anymore, when I attempt to move it up the queue the color is green instead of red on the reclaimed building and nothing is done, it sat there almost all day, when I hit upgrade on a home the reclaim opened up, and then i was able to remove the chopping block, but the building now has the same issue the chopping block had.  my forester are not chopping much wood either.  as in little to none most of the day, they go around hoeing the ground all day, I finally turned off planting that seemed to help but they all left the area. I think i will retry the download at steam again. after I've vailidated the cache and deleted it all. I didn't uninstall the other <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>'s but they are not enabled, so they shouldn't be an issue.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7052" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/">@Reino</a> you're correct that there should be no issue with other versions of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> if they are not enabled, I have <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-<abbr title="The Forge Awakens">TFA</abbr> still in my mods list but not enabled and I have had no problems. I would suggest checking the load order you have for your mods to see if there are any that are affecting <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. The other question to ask is what build version of Banished are you using? You should have at least version 1.0.6 if you are using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-<abbr title="The Forge Awakens">TFA</abbr> or <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-Journey.

It might also be worth checking the file size of your download for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Journey, it should be 1,480,849 KB (see the image below of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-Journey from my WinData folder).

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/ColonialCharterJourney-FileSize.jpg.0dfbbc8925095bf53e9078e64792e501.jpg[/img]

Quote:
On 2/15/2017 at 0:20 AM, KevinTheCynic said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7052" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/">@Reino</a> you're correct that there should be no issue with other versions of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> if they are not enabled, I have <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-<abbr title="The Forge Awakens">TFA</abbr> still in my mods list but not enabled and I have had no problems. I would suggest checking the load order you have for your mods to see if there are any that are affecting <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. The other question to ask is what build version of Banished are you using? You should have at least version 1.0.6 if you are using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-<abbr title="The Forge Awakens">TFA</abbr> or <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-Journey.

It might also be worth checking the file size of your download for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Journey, it should be 1,480,849 KB (see the image below of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-Journey from my WinData folder).

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/ColonialCharterJourney-FileSize.jpg.0dfbbc8925095bf53e9078e64792e501.jpg[/img]

What Idid was verify the catch, then I left the game and Steam, I typed in my password again and hit play for Banished, whatever happened that fixed it. even though the cache came back with no issues. After I did that I've not had a single problem with the game, accept an unknown icon that has no description in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> help file, its totally missing, it has to do with upgrading the stack burner to a brickhouse. it looks like an upside down ladies hat with something in it and it says it needs 60 of them?

I was using 1.06 and then I upgraded to beta 1.07  so both of them.  I am using two mods and they are in the correct order  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.71 and megamod .06  its what is on steam.  I was told to disable the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> 1.6 in mega mod but there seems to be no way, and under the conditions for Megamod it shows its not loading any of the files for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.6, now if a few of those files are not in 1.71 then I have a problem, as there appears to be no way to uncheck mods from MegaMod.

Quote:
53 minutes ago, Reino said:

it looks like an upside down ladies hat with something in it and it says it needs 60 of them?

That's probably Clay.

Quote:
54 minutes ago, Reino said:

I was told to disable the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> 1.6 in mega mod but there seems to be no way,

You can't disable <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.6 *in* MegaMod. I think the advice meant "if you have a separate <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.6 mod, make sure it is disabled"

Quote:
4 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

That's probably Clay.

You can't disable <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.6 *in* MegaMod. I think the advice meant "if you have a separate <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.6 mod, make sure it is disabled"

ok I will try the clay  thanks.  its just that if 1.6 has a file in it the 1.7 doesn't have Mega mod will load that file.  and that could be what is causing my strange issues. but since i upgraded Banished to the new 1.07 beta mod, they quit happening.

Personally i think you need to create MegaMod so we can uncheck some mods in it and not load them. if we are not using them. or in my case 1.6 is a wasted product in MegaMod because I already have 1.71 installed

You can't create a mod where you can uncheck part of its content. The only option is to load each mod you want separately. If you use MegaMod 0.07, it includes <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.71 and you wont need to use it separately.