MegaMod 0.07 Crashes

Hey all. Is it a known issue that v0.07 crashes when quitting? I have no other mods enabled, but when I start a new game and then try to quit to the main menu, it crashes.

This seems to be a random occurrence and not just from MegaMod, I have the same situation every now and then and I don't have MegaMod. I have the feeling that sometimes when you quit back to the main menu, the RAM gets swamped with all the info it's trying to clear and just gives up instead (causing the crash).

I have this feeling because I've noticed it seems to be more likely to happen if I have other things running e.g. I sometimes have my email and various web pages about Banished open and I also have my music player running when I play Banished (because after paying the game for a while, the ingame music gets very repetitious and so far I've clocked up 890 hours and I'm really tired of the ingame music!)

This isn't a problem with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> specifically, but of large mods in general. There's nothing we can do inside the mod to fix it, but you can fix it very easily yourself.

1) Go into your mod menu and select which mods you want to use.

2) Allow the game to refresh the list when you click OK.

3) Exit Banished completely.

4) Relaunch the game.

5) All your desired mods will now already be selected and you can start your new game. It shouldn't crash when you quit anymore.

It's that step 3 that seems to be the important one.

Is there a list of issues known that make it crash? For example if you try to remove the Nomad Well, it'll crash.

There's no consistent problems that we know of.  For example: I tried to duplicated the problem someone had with the game crashing when they tried to remove the Nomad Well.  I built a Nomad Well, waited a bit, then removed it and the game didn't crash for me.  This type of thing has happened to me before with other mods; for example my game would crash every time I got to a certain point building a sundial from another mod - both my husband and daughter had no problem with it at all.  If you do find an issue, let us know and we will try to duplicate the problem and fix whatever causes it.

<div>
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ceUvidvAs-M?start=50&feature=oembed" width="480"></iframe>

</div>

Describes one of the problems, albeit not very well. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

OOOOOOO I like Eva's channel.

Is she a member here or on WOB?