Mega Mod Crashes

Hello, I have installed and uninstalled both versions of Mega Mod and I also installed and uninstalled C.C. 1.7. Both crash when I exit from them. As I play them after install, the game seems fine, then at exit I get a run-time error the prevents the game from completely closing and also prevents me from using Steam until I reboot my pc. I followed the instructions on this site for both downloading and installing the pack. Can you tell me what else could be causing your mod to crash? Thank you

This isn't a problem with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> specifically, but of large mods in general. There's nothing we can do inside the mod to fix it, but you can fix it very easily yourself.

1) Go into your mod menu and select which mods you want to use.

2) Allow the game to refresh the list when you click OK.

3) Exit Banished completely.

4) Relaunch the game.

5) All your desired mods will now already be selected and you can start your new game. It shouldn't crash when you quit anymore.

It's that step 3 that seems to be the important one.

Hello.

I was frustrated when I could not get your mod to work, so I want to thank you for your help. The one thing that I still cannot do is run the Mega Mod and the Mega Mod Decoration pack together. When I select the decoration pack, the background turns red showing that they should not be enabled together. However, I wanted what is in the Mega Mod itself, so I am grateful. Thanks again.

It doesn't matter if the mod turns red in the Mods listing when you enable them both together. The only reason it shows a conflict is because the mods modify the same files. They will work perfectly well together.

Quote:
12 hours ago, iluvgames1955 said:

I select the decoration pack, the background turns red showing that they should not be enabled together.

That's not what that means. What calli74 said is correct. It will be fine.