Starting animals.

So, i have been playing the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mod for awhile now, before it added all these stuff, i pretty much check for new versions every few months and play a few hours but i have a question.

There always seem to be animals at the starting location, usually pigs lately and i have no idea what i am supposed to do with them, they dont "exist" as an animal the same way you get animals through trading so i cant put them in a pasture.

What exactly am i supposed to do with them? this was bothering me for a few versions now and always makes me quit the game literally cause i cant figure out how or what [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Okay, in 1.7 one the pasture did have the pigs options and they moved inside, but i didnt have it on older versions, maybe i was blind or did something wrong, sorry for that.

But another question, A Domesticated animal appeared out of nowhere in the Barn, supposedly required Wild Sheppard? Whatever that is to collect but it just collected it.

Is it just for trading or?

Quote:
49 minutes ago, potis said:

Is it just for trading or?

You can trade them if you like, but there are a few buildings that you can't build unless you have some domestic animals. Stables, milking barn, animal pens are three that I can think of.

It's fairly easy to find domestic animals just by clearing areas of forest. I can't really see how the wild shepherd building is needed. Maybe it depends on what sort of map you are playing.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12702-potis/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12702" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12702-potis/">@potis</a> it may have been that you were using a start option that had some wild pigs, in which case you needed a hunter.

Otherwise, definitely a normal pasture would have taken the pigs, if you do get that issue again, please take a screenshot and post so we can troubleshoot with you. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2413" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/2413-elemental/">@elemental</a> I think it's just the same essentially that they work like gatherers, wood collectors & vendors, it's their dedicated job, so they won't pick up just anything, they focus on their 1 job, as opposed to the laborers who will dillydally and pick up all sorts of things in their pockets as part of the clearing process. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Yeah but what I mean is, I got a bunch of animals without even realising it and without even trying, just by clearing land. So if they are easy to come by, why would you want to build a dedicated building (Wild shepherd) and allocate a worker to it? The description for the wild shepherd building also says it can take a long time to find any animals, which is a little off-putting. Maybe some maps have more animals than others.

i do wish the dmesticated animals on the map had been where you had to place the wild shepherd and they weren't on the map if you didn't build it. i have found several as ELEMENTAL said by clearing land. i have not played a game past maybe yr 15 so far. i guess 6 isn't as bad as some people claiming to have hundreds.

as to POTIS' post,you have choices on how you start. some options have no livestock but you get an extra crop to use. the animals won't go to the pasture until you add a worker either and then it takes a little time.

QUERY , i have never seen any wild pigs running around yet. what game are you playing??? are these the pigs that travel with the bunny who drops chocolate eggs too?lol

I got it now [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I think the animals was overpowered judging by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> now releasing a patch mod. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I haven't loaded a map yet which have the domesticated animals (testing a bug on another starter map, unrelated), but I'm looking forward to the overpoweredness of it all.  Hahaha

A little about the domesticated animals:

There should only have ever been a handful that are pre-placed on the map when you start. I'm not sure why some people have been getting spammed with them. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself

Yes, you can find them randomly when clearing a site for building. And yes, the "clear all" tool will also mark them for collection.  Or you can build the Wild Shepherd and he will specifically go out and collect them.

So, if you're okay with random finding, then you don't technically need the wild shepherd.

I see..Well thats what happens when you dont play for a few versions but i am 100% sure i had starting pigs or sheep or something like that on an older version without the option to when i build pastures, i had to wait for traders to start appearing with animals to get them, really made me go mad [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

This time the pig option was there instantly when the pasture was build though so its all okay.

And about the domesticated animals, i see: D Thanks for clarifying.

Where you playing with other mods enabled? It sounds like the Tree Of Life mod which had livestock (normally found at the trader) roaming free in the wilderness.