upgradeable buildngs (different eras)

Maybe having different eras (stone age  on up) and be able to UNLOCK Buildings and Tecgnologies. (actually put the school and college to good use other than to waste 7 years of labor)

You'll find there was a discussion involving the idea of "locked" content in this thread: -

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/topic/934-unlockable-buildings-requirements/&do=embed"></iframe>

You'll also see that I am one of the people who opposes the idea of locking buildings because I want to be able add any of the buildings whenever I want to and that I also feel there is a pseudo locked building idea in place already with the need for certain production chains to get the resources to construct certain buildings.

As for the idea of technologies, I have no idea if the game code allows that but I think that it doesn't, hopefully one of the modders will be able to answer that.

Totaly agree with KevinTheCynic here, theres more than plenty of games with locked stuff, its refreshing to not have to chase some predetirmend goals but to enjoy open game and play any scenario i think off. 

I even dislike the house upgrades in banished, not the upgrade idea, i am sure thers plenty of people who enjoy that aspect of the game, but the fact that you have to empty a house of resorces, demolish it, clear the remains, bring new materials and build it to reach new tier of house. Thats something that doesnt suit my style of play so theres a lot of houses i never get to build, but luckily now thers so much options with <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> that i dont feel left out [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
3 hours ago, Canemane said:

the fact that you have to empty a house of resorces, demolish it, clear the remains, bring new materials and build it to reach new tier of house

I used to be irked by that, too... but it's the way it goes in Banished... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I now take upgrades slowly, 1 by 1... so I hit the upgrade button for one building only, then move on and just do my thing... before I  know it, I have restructured whole areas, without actually seeing a single rebuild... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />