weird message

Alright... I am trying to buy stuff from a trader, and I get the following message: There is not enough space to store all the items in this trade.

Uhm... huh, what?

Sounds like your trading post is full.

And to add to what <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> mentioned, the trading post has a storage function not just for the items you want to trade to the merchant but also for the items you get from the merchant. They are stored temporarily at the trading post until they can be delivered to a stockpile, barn, etc. etc.

hmm...guess I'll have to wait until the Ridiculous Storage mod is being updated... I keep building barns and other storage types all over the place, but it's just not enough [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

I've been using Ridiculous Storage and it is working fine on stockpiles and most of the barns. I'm sure some of the newer ones need to be added, but it is much better than not using it at all.

Quote:
11 hours ago, Sabouma said:

There is not enough space to store all the items in this trade

To expand a little on that - the storage capacity of your trade post is limited to 60K, but you should not fill it up a 100% (look at the TP Inventory, it says "x% used")... if you fill it to a 100%, there is no room to load/unload new products brought by a trader... it's a little hard to figure out how many % you need to keep in reserve, it depends a little on the bulk (weight) of your goods, but I try to only fill it about 70 or 80% max...

If you then still get that message, keep the trader in port and try to trade your goods in several smaller batches - sell e.g. 1000 items, click trade (not dismiss!), wait a bit, then trade another 1000, etc...

Building more storage may be necessary, but even 50 barns won't relieve your port if you fill it to the max... I know it's tempting, but try not to use your ports as "temporary mass storage" [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Quote:
11 hours ago, estherhb said:

I've been using Ridiculous Storage and it is working fine on stockpiles and most of the barns. I'm sure some of the newer ones need to be added, but it is much better than not using it at all.

Indeed, stockpiles are fine, but in the save game I have now, I have multiple Town Tithe Barns, and they are full, and as far as I know those are the biggest barns available at the moment... so I wonder which barns you are using.... I keep having the issue that my food can't be stored because of the fact that all barns are full of other stuff... 

Quote:
2 hours ago, Sabouma said:

Indeed, stockpiles are fine, but in the save game I have now, I have multiple Town Tithe Barns, and they are full, and as far as I know those are the biggest barns available at the moment... so I wonder which barns you are using.... I keep having the issue that my food can't be stored because of the fact that all barns are full of other stuff... 

I use the Meat Locker, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3183" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3183-ketchup/">@Ketchup</a> has the Medieval food storage barns (in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>), and as separate downloads he has tiny & small Protein & Fruit/Veg storage barns.  

When my regular storage is getting too full with 'stuff', but my food storage is still empty I start the demolish process, wait til it's down to 1% empty (before the bar changes script to x% demolished), then "reclaim" the building, this pushes the food (what there is of it) into other local buildings, including the food storage, and make more room.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?act...w;down=195

Quote:
3 hours ago, Sabouma said:

I have no idea what the capacity of the Town Tithe Barn is; tried looking it up on World of Banished and read the discussion but I didn't see what the capacity is.  Ridiculous Storage increases Barn Storage by 5X. A regular barn holds 7500 (weight) or with Ridiculous Storage 37500; the upgrade (Warehouse) goes from 11,000 to 55,000.  The Magazine stores 60,000 without Ridiculous Storage. I've never built one but that would be what I would use. <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> - does the Ridiculous Storage Mod increase storage at the Magazine 5X to 300,000???

Town Tithe Barn has a default storage of 50,000.

And yes, Ridiculous Storage makes the Magazine 300,000. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />