Something is different in 1.71 from 1.7

1.71 doesn't have the issue,  sometimes we are crashing to desktop, instead of exiting issue that 1.7 had?   I'm curious if my upgrading to the beta version of banished or the new version of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> fixed it?

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7052" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/">@Reino</a>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

A couple of people have asked about crashes recently, one of the common issues is that players are loading Banished, enabling/disabling mods then playing straight away.

The trick is to load Banished, enable (disable if needed) the mod you are wanting to use (in this case 1.71) then use the EXIT option.

Wait for Banished to close completely then reload it, and start your map.

Make sure that when the map starts, if you're happy with how it spawns, SAVE the map from the menu, then I (as a precaution) QUIT, then EXIT, then reboot the game.

It adds a few more mins to game time, but I rarely get crashes by doing it this way. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

If it's still crashing, even after this process, delete your Autosave file from the saves folder, making sure that Banished is closed first, it may also be a corrupt Autosave.

Lastly, actually, firstly:  Are you trying to load it on an existing map, OR are you starting a new map?

Crashes from using an old map with a new mod update is common, and there is a process to make old maps work with newer mods.  I don't do it, I just start a new map. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

See here:

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/topic/1078-fatal-access-crash-banished-107/&do=embed&comment=4959&embedComment=4959&embedDo=findComment"></iframe>

Well I think you misunderstood my statement, however my statement now appears inncorrect, 1.71 in banished 1.07 is still crashing.

I started a game this morning, prior to going to the store.  I saved the game and turned off the computer. When I got home and finished a few chores I went back and started the computer and loaded the game. and its stopped taking my commands. The game is just playing the people are all doing there jobs, but they are ignoring any of my build requests. after they finished the barn and a house I queued up they stopped taking commands to do anything, they are ignoring me.  I've backed out of the game saved quit the game to desktop and then restarted it all, to no avail. nothing is working that I do. 

Oh no!!!  That's weird <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7052" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/">@Reino</a>!!  I haven't heard anything like that!!

I hope you get it sorted out.

Well, I've not gotten it sorted out.  I did start a new game using megamod .07  and I did not add 1.71  and that one is working fine, however, megamod seems to be using 1.7 and its not as good as 1.71, so I added it back in and so far its working fine, in  the new game. The other game is just sitting there, I think I'll try it again, but I'm not expecting it to work.  Unless there is a problem in Banished 1.07 and it is conflicting with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.71, then I have no idea why it just stopped working. I can post the save, if someone wants to try it.