Duck pasture growth

So I bought 2 ducks to start a pasture as I didn't have enough to trade for more. Are they supposed to create only 1 new duck per year? This seems rather odd for an egg laying species to only have 1 fertilized egg per year.

Edit: Thank you for the responses. I also noticed after posting this that my duck population was dropping. I had 4 and in a year I dropped to 1. Call me crazy but I think my hunting blind was killing them off.

At a guess I'd say it's a limitation of the game engine, perhaps something in the coding that modders cannot access? Unfortunately there are certain aspects of the game that are not conducive to replicating the real world and modders are not given access to that code to change them [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

When I am low on resources I buy my X of the new animal, then let the trader refill and then buy more, the trader will stay at your trading post for as long as you keep the trade window open, you can buy & sell as much as you like in that regard.

As for slow reproduction, it's part of the game dynamic, you can download a booster that <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> made "Busy Pastures" it's in his download section, that will help you. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Haha, re the hunting blind.

I thought so too, but, honestly without more than 2 (I use 4 at a bare minimum) the animals can't reproduce in their pastures, even with Busy Pastures, I need at least 4 to get a good herd going, and it takes a long, long time to do so.

With small fowl, chickens & ducks, I use a 5 x 10 pasture (I use a fenceless pasture mod which allows me a minimum of 4x4) mainly because it takes too long for the pasture to fill up, meaning the longer time for butchering.  A 5x10 or 5x5 has a smaller "Maximum", and as such, the pasture moves along faster.