I've watched a lot of Banished YouTubers...

Quote:
4 hours ago, elemental said:

Another option in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is to turn logs into lumber and export that. Same value as firewood but it can't be used as fuel.

Have you watched any of Biffa's videos?

Nice tip, that problem is solved.  Just started a new game Adam & Eve at that and I will be applying that bit of knowledge into things for sure now. Using Lumber means I can put the bundling shed anywhere too.  Just now working my way to a river where I can do Reeds and Clay to start bricking up my roads.  Education and Iron tools all around I just need to keep moving fast and not overbuild houses lest they don't "couple up" properly.   I want my trader near the the bundling shed because it and the shoreman are along the coast.  Having fun with it now, but still need to evolve beyond the beginnings. 

I've started watching Biffa in his current run.  I think I have to go back to previous ones to get the more basic production chain info.   I mean, what's the next great trade item?  Or should I bother beyond lumber?  The whole idea in my mind with trade at all was to buy all the livestock/seeds etc to be completely self sustaining and grow.  Which then makes me ask the follow up, how many people is enough?  There has to be a point of critical mass where people die swiftly enough and only reproduce enough to keep the population level. 

Messages In This Thread
I've watched a lot of Banished YouTubers... - by Bro - 02-21-2017, 09:24 AM