Lazy hunters!!

Hi all,

Wow, what can I say, I finally got to start some new maps this time around, thanks to <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a>, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="4" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/4-shockpuppet/">@ShockPuppet</a> (the rest of BL devs) and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> I now get to have Discrepancy's fishing bridge on other maps now, so, I get to play on a whole new level!  I am thrilled!!

So, now what ...  I have lazy hunters!  Oh my, seriously!  When I load a new map using the All the Wild Things (Easy) - (yes, I like it easy especially when I start & trash so many new maps whilst mods are in beta) I then let it run for a little and watch where the animals move and set up hunters accordingly.  I use both static hunter buildings as well as the "Go Hunting" mod.  The thing is ...  The hunters just aren't getting a mix of animal resources, and I seem to getting far more duck meat than any other.  My leather count is low (even though I have the Leather booster mod from BL), and I'm not getting a range of meat.  Duck, charki, and sometimes others, but no venison (even though there are deer), and very rarely beef, even though I plant a hunter right near where they graze.

I noticed in another thread <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> used the term "gatherer", it may just have been "one of those things", but, I just wanted to check - am I missing something, or, do I really have lazy hunters?

My bannis are starving, even with up to 6 hunters on the map.

Cheers [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

ps:   I am loving the new map types, fabulous work team!!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I think for the "All The Wild Thing" you need a Gatherer instead of the Hunter. Even for the animals, as they are spawned like the wild food. So try a Gatherers Hut and see if that feeds your bannies. 

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8240" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8240-raerae/">@Raerae</a> in which case I have Lazy Gatherers!!  

All they do is grab berries, herbs etc ...  Gah!  I will try another gatherer, maybe the vanilla one, and the vanilla hunter, though my understanding is that the mods in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> are based from the original Vanilla buildings, so it shouldn't matter.

Now, in saying all of this, my hunters stepped it up a notch in this last map and I got both meats and some leathers, but, so far no wool, definitely mutton - but wool is not even showing on my list in my town hall.  

So, is this a design by the devs to not have all of the produce drop all goodies, or, am I still missing a step?  (most likely the latter, haha!!!)

Try using the gather resources button. That should place an X on all of the things you want picked up (I think laborers do it).  

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> will do [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

ummmm, so this just happened ....

1 minute there are a bunch of animals, next *whoosh* gone, I am thinking that's just a delayed visual refresh, that they must've moved, but the screen didn't catch it, just the 'vanish'.

Now, my hunters ...  they are definitely getting mutton, in fact I sat there watching them slaughter the sheep but the Hunting logs only show Charki, Duck etc... no mutton, no wool.

The ducks & charki are producing the meat and feathers/leather - but not the mutton.  

Just odd ...  lol.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/20170222Screenshot396.jpg.ba5f9385bf723e2c2bf52cd1e2d5a800.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58ad3e9a40a08_20170222Screenshot398.jpg.225074ff50fd789c1737fdaf0b11fe77.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58ad3e9dbf478_20170222Screenshot397.jpg.03e52e65627fb30b7f35217019c18fdf.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58ad3f1ceb651_20170222Screenshot406.jpg.8457de2fe29c3582410e34d341fdf08c.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_02/58ad3f230f9b4_20170222Screenshot408.thumb.jpg.693402333a5f367ffd5813e48f00033a.jpg[/img]

It looks like on your hunting windows, there are not enough spaces for all the different items your hunters are picking up. So they may actually be getting mutton, but since they already picked up 4 other items that season it doesn't show up. 

Regarding the Gatherers, one thing I noticed in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, is there are some new gatherer buildings that are really cute, but only pick up roots, mushrooms and something else (I think these are the vanilla forest foods). I forget what they are called but there are 3 with different radius. They don't pickup <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> items as I found out when trying to use them in my Cherry Tree Forest. They did not pick up the cherries.  Don't know if that is what you were using but it might have been the problem.