The Cold Realism mod for Banished

Has any one heard of this mod? if so where do I get it. Athena is using it in a playthru, along with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and MegaMod.  I've searched the Banished workshop but its not listed there? It supposedly makes playing in the cold even harder?

Quote:
27 minutes ago, Reino said:

where do I get it

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/866-Cold-realism

There's several mods on there that you can't get on Steam or WoB or here.

Thank you  very much!

I removed this, I feel they are fine after I learned to play using it.  The Ducks are back, i started a new game.  I am having problems with things missing out of the game every now and then. like in  one playthru, they stopped following my building commands and igrnore the priority as it was not working at all,  Then In my first play thru with this mod my ducks poofed, after I started.  In my current playthru the people keep disappearing from their homes, sometimes I can get them back by clicking on the home and other times they stay missing, they are still using the home, it is just the home shows itself as empty. Most games have this issue of missing parts, I am using MegaMod .07. and sometimes I'm running megamod with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.71 enabled.  they both have this issue.

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7052" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/">@Reino</a>, try this and see if it helps.

Make sure when you install it:

1)  Load the game

2)  Enable the mods (in the listed order)

3)  EXIT the game completely

4)  Load the game

5)  Start a new map

See how that goes, see if things get 'fixed' for you. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/files/file/167-107-compatibility-for-megamod-007/&do=embed"></iframe>

Yes I upgraded first thing, when I moved to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.7  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.72?   when did that come out.  I am using MegaMod .07 though

However, I will go look for it. but there is a serious issue here, that only comes to light when you push the difficulty to max.  Gather's and Hebalist's all think it is very important to pick up the labor resources so much so that they ignore picking up there own things half or more of the time, even when they are seriously below cap.  When you push the game to the max, you can plainly see its broken something is coded wrong. even if you select all their stuff in there area and set it to priority, they ignore picking it up or the pick up one and go pick up a labor resource,  they may or may not come back and get the second item you prioritized

I'm going to reply to Kralyerg's mod here. You can ignore me if you wish too!  ver 1.73 of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and your mod results in the same thing that happened in 1.72, when I start on hard, nothing at all in my cart!.  Now when I start it without your mod its all there! Your mod seems to break the 64bit version of the game and as my computer is totally about 64 bit, the mod fails.  I am using Cold Realism, it seems to limit much more then it should, not just a few herbs and plants,  but in use with your mod, I actually find it clamping nearly every thing down. totally zero on herbs all year long and food plants are much less, why!, not to mention the crash to Desktop only happened with your mod in use and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and Megamod, no  other mods were in use. when I take your mod out all that stops happening, but later when I get to what your Mod is useful for, that stuff isn't going to work. but I can't play the game with it, its just to risky to use.

When you say "your mod", to who and to which mod are you referring? 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="7052" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/7052-reino/">@Reino</a> from what I understand, Cold Realism was made many, many months ago (just checked, 19 months), and I don't think was ever updated to be fully compatible with the current build of Banished. I know many mods that were made back when Banished was in 1.05 (or 1.04) didn't work as intended for 1.06, let alone 1.07.

I would suggest that trying to run a mod that old with mods that are this new, there are going to be conflicts, and hard conflicts.  Sorry. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

I used a start changing mod until I realised it was inhibiting my game play because it wasn't up to date.

No I was not running Cold Realism when the crash ocurrred.  just the mods I mentions   I state, in my opening statement,  the name of the mod it is clearly visable, so that Your mod has a reference @ estherhb. I also stated the mods that i was using when it happened.   Since I don't have the crash using just <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.73 and Megamod, they work just fine, that crash only happens when I add Kralyerg's compatibliity mod. and also my cart starts are messed up when I'm using that mod. Its fine without firewood, I can still make that work, but when it takes tools and food its a no go.  Cold Realism actually does what it says and even more so in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> . it makes it very hard but it is still possible.  I load it after I've loaded both <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.73 and MegaMod .007, while you don't get the map settings, I'd rather use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC's</abbr> very harsh,  the part that kills the veggies, is the only part that is working fine for me, because I load it last I expect it to be that way. cold realism is working just fine  load the game without <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and Megamod you will see the setting to select polar or artic and a few others it adds.  When you load it after <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> gets precidence and the game loads its setting choices instead, but the part that  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> doens't have work just fine, in conjunction with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

Now not having the compatiblity mod, makes the later game a mess, since it does do great things, just not on my 64 bit computer.

Oh and Thanks for your interest in my issue. sorry I forgot to add that.